Arkansas DHS is a joke.

User avatar
carterscutie85
Regent
Regent
Posts: 4880
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 10:19 am

Unread post Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:24 am

Valentina327 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:59 am
carterscutie85 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:53 am
Anonymous 3 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:46 am


This kind of commitment is so funny to me. Like you can just show up and take a child from a parent.


Depending on the age they could. I've seen it. And the cops didn't make said child go back because the house was disgusting and there was no food there.
The police adjudicate that kind of thing on the spot like that? They do a quick food and house check then declare a child can leave on the spot? I thought there was some kind of oversight or something, no?


They do here, but it depends on the age. The kid I know was 13 and refused to go back. A 5 year old refusing maybe they'd make go back if the house was acceptable idk.
Image
Anonymous 1

Unread post Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:45 am

Bump
User avatar
ReadingRainbow
Regent
Regent
Posts: 3418
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 11:01 am

Unread post Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:48 am

They have to...


You cannot remove a child without interviewing the parent first.
User avatar
ReadingRainbow
Regent
Regent
Posts: 3418
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 11:01 am

Unread post Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:55 am

Plus, a dirty house is not cause for removal. It would be classified as a FINS case (Families in need of services) and a caseworker would be assigned to help the family clean up and get on the right track to keep it that way.
Anonymous 2

Unread post Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:59 am

Arkansas is a shit hole.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.onlyin ... ansas/amp/
Anonymous 5 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:11 am
Anonymous 2 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:16 am
You could’ve just written “Arkansas is a joke.”
So are California, Wahington, New York, Michigan, Minnesota and the capital city of weekend murders, Chicago. It's not PC to talk about any of that on here though. All that said, DHS employees aren't the best or brightest anywhere in the country.
Olioxenfree
Regent
Regent
Posts: 3897
Joined: Thu May 24, 2018 5:53 pm

Unread post Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:58 am

ReadingRainbow wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:48 am
They have to...


You cannot remove a child without interviewing the parent first.
No, they don't have to. My mom works for CPS. Yes, they do have an interview with the parent at some point, but it is not standard to call the parents and ask about allegations over the phone. They do a home visit first and go from there.
User avatar
ReadingRainbow
Regent
Regent
Posts: 3418
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 11:01 am

Unread post Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:45 pm

Olioxenfree wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:58 am
ReadingRainbow wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:48 am
They have to...


You cannot remove a child without interviewing the parent first.
No, they don't have to. My mom works for CPS. Yes, they do have an interview with the parent at some point, but it is not standard to call the parents and ask about allegations over the phone. They do a home visit first and go from there.

They do have to. My husband is Arkansas DHS. They can detain a child, but not remove the child from custody. And since Arkansas has been under federal observation for being the quickest to remove children , and having an extremely high removal percentage- FINS cases are removed only in the most drastic of cases.
Olioxenfree
Regent
Regent
Posts: 3897
Joined: Thu May 24, 2018 5:53 pm

Unread post Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:21 pm

ReadingRainbow wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:45 pm
Olioxenfree wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:58 am
ReadingRainbow wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:48 am
They have to...


You cannot remove a child without interviewing the parent first.
No, they don't have to. My mom works for CPS. Yes, they do have an interview with the parent at some point, but it is not standard to call the parents and ask about allegations over the phone. They do a home visit first and go from there.

They do have to. My husband is Arkansas DHS. They can detain a child, but not remove the child from custody. And since Arkansas has been under federal observation for being the quickest to remove children , and having an extremely high removal percentage- FINS cases are removed only in the most drastic of cases.
Remove the child or not, they do not have to call the family and have a phone interview before they do anything else.
Anonymous 6

Unread post Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:34 pm

Olioxenfree wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:21 pm
ReadingRainbow wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:45 pm
Olioxenfree wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:58 am


No, they don't have to. My mom works for CPS. Yes, they do have an interview with the parent at some point, but it is not standard to call the parents and ask about allegations over the phone. They do a home visit first and go from there.

They do have to. My husband is Arkansas DHS. They can detain a child, but not remove the child from custody. And since Arkansas has been under federal observation for being the quickest to remove children , and having an extremely high removal percentage- FINS cases are removed only in the most drastic of cases.
Remove the child or not, they do not have to call the family and have a phone interview before they do anything else.
You think you know everything Lena, lol
They do have to speak to and interview the parents, they also have to have a court order to remove the child.
They cannot come in your home without a court order unless they witness an emergency taking place. They cannot take your children away without a court order except in exigent circumstances. ... However, CPS cannot take custody of the child from the police until the court order is complete.
Olioxenfree
Regent
Regent
Posts: 3897
Joined: Thu May 24, 2018 5:53 pm

Unread post Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:35 pm

Anonymous 6 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:34 pm
Olioxenfree wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:21 pm
ReadingRainbow wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:45 pm



They do have to. My husband is Arkansas DHS. They can detain a child, but not remove the child from custody. And since Arkansas has been under federal observation for being the quickest to remove children , and having an extremely high removal percentage- FINS cases are removed only in the most drastic of cases.
Remove the child or not, they do not have to call the family and have a phone interview before they do anything else.
You think you know everything Lena, lol
They do have to speak to and interview the parents, they also have to have a court order to remove the child.
They cannot come in your home without a court order unless they witness an emergency taking place. They cannot take your children away without a court order except in exigent circumstances. ... However, CPS cannot take custody of the child from the police until the court order is complete.
None of what you just said has anything to do with what I said...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic