Have you tried a weighted blanket for sleep?

Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I really would love to stop needing meds to stay asleep. (I can fall asleep just fine, but without meds, I wake up a lot)

I was wondering about a weighted blanket, but don’t want to waste the $$ if it won’t help
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Anonymom*23/6/364
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Not yet.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Bought them for some teens in the family who have trouble sleeping and they like them. If you enjoy the feeling of being held, or wrapped up, then you will like it. I think anything that creates a ritual around sleep - pjs, shower at the same time, total darkness, meditation - all these help. And a weighted blanket can be a part of that routine that calms you and becomes an inducement to sleep.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:56 pm Bought them for some teens in the family who have trouble sleeping and they like them. If you enjoy the feeling of being held, or wrapped up, then you will like it. I think anything that creates a ritual around sleep - pjs, shower at the same time, total darkness, meditation - all these help. And a weighted blanket can be a part of that routine that calms you and becomes an inducement to sleep.
Then I might not like it. I’ve never liked to be touched in my sleep, so maybe it’s not the solution.
I can fall asleep without meds, I just can’t stay asleep. It sucks
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I have one and I use it sometimes but my bed jet doesn't work with it do I tend to just stick with that.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Why not do what is suggested on the box..."Try it for a week and if you don't like it, bring it back with no questions asked."
Emandab
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Bubbs wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:45 pm I really would love to stop needing meds to stay asleep. (I can fall asleep just fine, but without meds, I wake up a lot)

I was wondering about a weighted blanket, but don’t want to waste the $$ if it won’t help
I've heard of them and think I would love one. So long as it doesn't make me hot. Which is easy to do. I have a thin comforter that is heavy but doesn't overheat me that I love.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:19 pm Why not do what is suggested on the box..."Try it for a week and if you don't like it, bring it back with no questions asked."
I didn’t know it said that, I also wanted to know what others think. Because I can’t go a week with crappy sleep.
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Nope. I don't think I would like something heavy laying on top of me, I would feel suffocated
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Sassy762 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:59 pm Nope. I don't think I would like something heavy laying on top of me, I would feel suffocated
I thought about that, because I don’t like being touched when I sleep. But at this point I’m willing to try anything. I really would like to sleep all night without meds
Locked Previous topicNext topic