NEARLY 80 PERCENT OF AMERICANS DO NOT BELIEVE IMMIGRATION BOOSTS CRIME

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

29again wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:40 pm
Quorra2.0 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:32 pm
29again wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:06 pm Is there a link to the survey? What were the questions that were asked? And, who were polled?
Everybody knows that you can make a survey/poll say what you want it to say based on who and how you ask. So, this sounds very questionable to me.

Yes, most Americans have no problem with legal immigration. Now, illegal immigration is a different thing altogether. So, I really have to wonder if the survey questions made ANY distinction between the two.
I’d be curious as to see the actual poll questions as well. I tend to be skeptical of any polls regardless of results as there are so many flaws imo to using polls for generalizations.

I think there is a LOT of deflection from our immigration policies to continue to ignore flaws. Politicians and news media focuses on walls and such instead of asking, what to me seem like logical questions and looking for the answers. I think we need to review and revisit our immigration policies and procedures. Just a small example, is cost. The average cost should be under $1000 per person. Which sounds fair and reasonable, yet the people I know who have gone through this process have paid on average between 10-20,000 and a few upwards of 30,000(the few that it was 30,000 this does include visa renewals). People are paying between 3000 - 4000 to human traffickers to illegally enter a country in which legal immigration should only cost $1000 yet no one asks why? I don’t think a completely open border is the answer. The massive population boom the first few years could have negative impacts in some areas, but we do need to look at making changes.
I absolutely agree about the cost issues you brought up. It shouldn't cost tens of thousands to become a citizen here. I think that we need to revisit the laws that are on the books, actually see what they ARE, since they haven't been fully enforced for quite a long time. I am sure there are some that should be gone, some tweaked, and some kept. But I really think that most of us don't even know what the laws are any more, if we ever did know what they were.

Oh, and about the cost... I keep hearing that these immigrants are living in such poverty, that coming illegally is the only hope they have for a future. Yet, they can pay thousands to someone to smuggle them into the country? That just makes no logical sense to me.. what do I have wrong about the situation?
I don’t doubt they live in poverty. I’ve heard some save, this is like beyond third hand information cousin’s friend’s sister’s type source. Others though basically become slaves.
Locked Previous topicNext topic