Is "pregaming" rude?

Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

MysticDreamer wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:13 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:28 am
MysticDreamer wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:22 am This sounds so high school......

You all didn't want to wait for the actual party, so you all made your own party. Yeah, I can see how the hostess took offense to that. Like how much food and booze does a person need in one night, that they couldn't hold off on until the party?
I ate and drank the same amount as if I went to a resturant and had a full meal there. It was just more spread out and in two places

8pm is pretty late to be starting things for our group
8 ain't late for a party. Back in the day, our parties didn't start until 9 or 10. And we weren't obnoxious enough to get together before and start our own party. You all should have declined her invite and met some place else.
That is really late to start a party where I am from. Not to mention I don't know anyone that could wait that long to have dinner.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Boy, she sounds like fun (note sarcasm font). I'm betting she doesn't get invited to many parties.
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I thought pregaming was just drinks, and there's nothing wrong with that, provided you can handle all that booze without getting sloppy. I think a group organizing to eat before going to somebody else's house to eat is pretty tacky.
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Is pregaming rude? No. Is eating before going to someone's house for a meal, making plan that they can't take part in, and telling them all about it, yes that's rude.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:23 pm I thought pregaming was just drinks, and there's nothing wrong with that, provided you can handle all that booze without getting sloppy. I think a group organizing to eat before going to somebody else's house to eat is pretty tacky.

Not everyone can wait until 8 pm to eat. I know I was hungry way before that
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:55 pm Is pregaming rude? No. Is eating before going to someone's house for a meal, making plan that they can't take part in, and telling them all about it, yes that's rude.
So would it have been better to make a group message without her? I doubt she would have liked that either.

Not everyone can wait until 8pm to eat. I cant go a whole 8 hours without eating during the day
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:57 pm
Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:23 pm I thought pregaming was just drinks, and there's nothing wrong with that, provided you can handle all that booze without getting sloppy. I think a group organizing to eat before going to somebody else's house to eat is pretty tacky.

Okay. Then eat. But don't organize a group of the same people who are going to this late dinner to go eat. Because that's tacky.
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

You sound like an alcoholic.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:10 pm You sound like an alcoholic.
How exactly?
sheramom4
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:57 pm

Then you have a snack at home before you go to the planned portion of the evening. And the "she was just jealous" line is ridiculous. You are a mother (I am assuming) and sound like a teenager. She wasn't jealous, she didn't feel like hosting people who felt the need to have a party before the party.
We "pregamed" in college but we just had a drink or two at home before going out. If we needed to eat we ate.
Locked Previous topicNext topic