Who was wrong

EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

In over forty years my husband NEVER called me names or behaved that way. A video game is not as important as a plumbing emergency. But I do not agree with your logic: the kids won't let me take a bath. That is also ridiculous. You're a grown woman and it's crazy to complain about small children dictating when and how you bathe. I'd say that your husband needs to step up and watch them while you take a bath or shower.
wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

He's wrong. When a repair needs to be done on the house, the adults need to get it done. Period. Not sit around and play stupid games. The fact that he can't put down a game long enough to be an adult and listen to his wife is pathetic. I will never understand this mindset of video games being so important that someone ignores their spouse and responsibilities just to play. And the name calling, I would have handed him his ass. I hope you don't intend to keep putting up with this behavior.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

wildflowers25 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:34 am He's wrong. When a repair needs to be done on the house, the adults need to get it done. Period. Not sit around and play stupid games. The fact that he can't put down a game long enough to be an adult and listen to his wife is pathetic. I will never understand this mindset of video games being so important that someone ignores their spouse and responsibilities just to play. And the name calling, I would have handed him his ass. I hope you don't intend to keep putting up with this behavior.

I like to play video games too sometimes so I totally understand needing to save before you do something. And some games you do have to find a certain spot to save, it's not as easy as just click and you are saved. But I do agree he should have used his words instead of being an El Jerko and snapping. I have anxiety when things get broken esp when it's something major and I always want them fixed right away too.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:23 am
wildflowers25 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:34 am He's wrong. When a repair needs to be done on the house, the adults need to get it done. Period. Not sit around and play stupid games. The fact that he can't put down a game long enough to be an adult and listen to his wife is pathetic. I will never understand this mindset of video games being so important that someone ignores their spouse and responsibilities just to play. And the name calling, I would have handed him his ass. I hope you don't intend to keep putting up with this behavior.

I like to play video games too sometimes so I totally understand needing to save before you do something. And some games you do have to find a certain spot to save, it's not as easy as just click and you are saved. But I do agree he should have used his words instead of being an El Jerko and snapping. I have anxiety when things get broken esp when it's something major and I always want them fixed right away too.
at 9pm I would have asked her to wait until tomorrow and please take a bath. If the problem is what I think it is it can take time to fix. But he should have asked her to wait a minute and not been stupid. I play WoW and sometimes one can't stop especially if you're playing online with others. It's my biggest problem with video games that one can't pause anytime they want; the game isn't actually PAUSED. Actually it drives me apeshit batty because I feel it's nothing more than a ploy by game companies to keep people playing. I should have a dollar for every time I've yelled at someone to come to dinner and he yells back he can't and then we fight. I've taken to giving time warnings...that helps.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

It's not as simple as who was wrong. He should not have called you a name. Under no circumstances is that acceptable.
Also pushing to get something done when there's less than an hour (figuring out the problem and travel time) to go to the store is highly unrealistic.
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

LuckyEightWow wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:44 pm You both were wrong.

It’s almost 9 pm, nobody wants to be doing plumbing repairs that late when it is something that can wait.

He should have expressed himself better.
I agree.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Did he react as he should have? No. It's rude to ignore and he should never call names, that is unacceptable. But, you were also being pretty overdramatic about the situation and seemed like you just wanted him to drop everything and fix it for you instead of doing some problem solving of your own.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:34 am

at 9pm I would have asked her to wait until tomorrow and please take a bath. If the problem is what I think it is it can take time to fix. But he should have asked her to wait a minute and not been stupid. I play WoW and sometimes one can't stop especially if you're playing online with others. It's my biggest problem with video games that one can't pause anytime they want; the game isn't actually PAUSED. Actually it drives me apeshit batty because I feel it's nothing more than a ploy by game companies to keep people playing. I should have a dollar for every time I've yelled at someone to come to dinner and he yells back he can't and then we fight. I've taken to giving time warnings...that helps.
I would tell my kid to shut off the game and come. It's a game, I don't care if you lose some progress, it's time to shut it off.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:31 pm
Pjmm wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:34 am

I would tell my kid to shut off the game and come. It's a game, I don't care if you lose some progress, it's time to shut it off.
Sure but it's easier on my nerves and theirs to just say hey we're eating in 20 minutes so save all your progress. I've played and it sucks to complete a difficult level just to realize you can't save. Some games don't really pause; if you quit you die or lose your progress. I don't blame kids so much as game companies who I firmly believe do this to ensure longer playing times.
CotterpinDoozer
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:32 pm I'm not down with all these "you're both wrong" replies. In my marriage, we answer each other. Ignoring is not okay, it's beyond not okay to do it because of a video game. And for him to go off on you and and claim that you don't need a shower??? That's not a man who behaves like that. He's a child.
I completely agree, he was not doing anything of any importance, he could have easily used his big boy words and said: "Let me get to a save point, then I'll look at it." Instead, he acted like a petulant child and then name called.
Locked Previous topicNext topic