Princess
Princess

Unread post

**backs out of post, going back to pinterest**
Shell7m
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Oh hell no! Years ago DH name called me and a week of silence came his way. I'd laugh with the kids and go on about my day but when he got home I'd just ignore him. He tried everything to get me to talk. I finally talked when he said sorry, that's when I told him he crossed the line and had no right to say those things and if he did it again he would be single. He spend the next 3 days making it up to me and it's been fine. :)
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Wow. I couldn't imagine Dh speaking to me that way.

Hope everything works out for you.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

If you wanted the part that badly, you could have gone to buy it. 2nd I am with everyone else nobody is going to start a project that late at night and you won't die if you have to take a shower instead of a bath.
leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:59 am If you wanted the part that badly, you could have gone to buy it. 2nd I am with everyone else nobody is going to start a project that late at night and you won't die if you have to take a shower instead of a bath.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

If you wanted the part that bad you should have went and got it yourself. You could have went a day without a shower, there's no need to start a plumbing project at night unless it's some sort of leak. Calling you names is also unacceptable and would have major consequences. It sounds like neither of you have any respect for the other.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Why was it so imperative that it be done right that second?
A couple of months ago, I went to turn off the shower and it would not turn off. At all. The handle spun 180 degrees when I turned it to off. I got out, shut the door, dried off and was laughing at the insanity of it all. Dh walked into the room on a conference call for work ( he works from home). I shrugged my shoulders, pointed at the shower, and walked out of the room to research what it could be online. When he got off the phone over an hour later, he went into the bathroom, saw why I had been laughing, came out and I told him what I had researched. He knew what the issue was, but could not fix it completely until much later. He shut off the water to the shower as quickly as he could and went back to work. *I* went to the store and got the parts needed and he fixed it later.
That is what you could have done- researched it if necessary, gotten your behind up and gone to the store to get the parts and waited until the following day for it to be fixed.
Sometimes in life, you have to be independent enough to attempt to fix problems on your own..even with small children in the house.
Now, on to the issue of him ignoring you and calling you names. He is wrong. Period. End of story. You do not ignore your spouse. Video games be darned. It is rude and shows a lack of respect for the other person. All he had to do was ask you to give him 2 minutes to save it. Calling you names is just wrong. It is childish and disrespectful.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

He would've been called every bad name known to mankind after that. I could never go back to having only one bathroom to bathe in, it must suck.
cellomom26
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Wow, it is amazing that a grown "man" would call his wife such a disrespectful name. He is immature, childish, and very low class.

There are certain lines you just don't cross.

Guess it would have been too much for him to say "Give me a second, please".

I am guessing by his language, he doesn't use the word please very often.

It doesn't matter how late it was, you can ask any question you want. A mature adult would not have called you names.

There is a way to be civil and still disagree.
Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

He shouldn’t have snapped at you but you could have survived one day without a shower or by taking a quick bath after the kids went to bed.
Locked Previous topicNext topic