To Park or Not to Park...

yippity
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

Do you park in your driveway or in the street?

Every single house in my neighborhood has a driveway that is utilized. My parent's neighborhood, however, is a different story. Each house has a driveway, yet every single person parks in the damn street. I've never seen an actual car in a driveway over there. I know it's silly, but it drives me nuts!!
Reedusstalker

Unread post

Why does it bother you?
...MyLove...

Unread post

That is strange. We use the driveway.
yippity
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

Reedusstalker wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:16 pm Why does it bother you?
It's a pain in the ass to navigate down the street because there are cars parked on both sides. You're totally screwed if there is an oncoming car because there is never a spot to pull over and allow it to pass. Their driveways are sitting empty, wasted space. Like I said, I know it's silly, but for real why not use the driveway to park your car??
yippity
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

...MyLove... wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:17 pm That is strange. We use the driveway.
Right? That's what is there for. I feel much safer with my car in the driveway as opposed to the street.
TheMomster
Countess
Countess

Unread post

I park on the street, but I live in a duplex and the driveway is at a stupid angle on the other side of the house.
AliKat
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I park in the driveway.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Our housing neighborhood has this issue. It's mainly people that have too many cars for the garage. I HATE it. Just like you said, because our streets are not wide enough for 2 cars to pass at the same time. We are lucky, as when our kids need cars, we are on the edge of the cul-de-sac so they can park there without bugging everyone.
eyes4ears
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I park in my driveway.
StPauliGirl
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

I park on the street. We have a detached garage that is a story lower than our house. The street is the same level as our house.

All our neighbors have garages, but most people don't use them, even though all our neighbors have walk-out basements that are the same level as their garage (unlike us). It doesn't bother me that my neighbors park on the street. What annoys me is the parents/teachers that go to the head start school across the street from us park in front of our house even though the school has a parking lot that isn't used. However, I'm usually at work when head start is in session, so it only annoys me a few days out of the year... LOL
Locked Previous topicNext topic