I'm frustrated

Anonymous 1

Unread post

My sewing machine broke so my mom let me borrow one of hers. I go to cut my fabric and my scissors have Nick's all in the blades and need replaced (I've had them 20 years). I manage to make it work and set the machine up to sew. It will only sew backwards! So I get the book out and it says the feed mechanism is damaged and to take it for repair.
Looks like I'm using my daughters hello kitty machine to sew this project. I'm going to a sewing show Friday and I'm hoping to find a new machine then.
How disappointing.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I’m sorry. Good luck.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That would make a great reality show though. Famous designers have to sew an evening gown or something using only a Hello kitty sewing machine. Kind of like Cutthroat kitchen. And they have to use taffeta in the design lol.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:46 pm That would make a great reality show though. Famous designers have to sew an evening gown or something using only a Hello kitty sewing machine. Kind of like Cutthroat kitchen. And they have to use taffeta in the design lol.
Lol at least it's more of a real machine just kid sized not one of those cheesy things.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:10 pm My sewing machine broke so my mom let me borrow one of hers. I go to cut my fabric and my scissors have Nick's all in the blades and need replaced (I've had them 20 years). I manage to make it work and set the machine up to sew. It will only sew backwards! So I get the book out and it says the feed mechanism is damaged and to take it for repair.
Looks like I'm using my daughters hello kitty machine to sew this project. I'm going to a sewing show Friday and I'm hoping to find a new machine then.
How disappointing.
My husband fixes sewing machines. He says take it apart enough so you can aim a hair dryer into the feed area and get it nice and hot with the hair dryer to see if you can get it so that it "breaks free."
SeekingPeace
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

What a going on!
But don't fret too much about it. Get excited about the new sewing machine you'll be getting!
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:20 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:10 pm My sewing machine broke so my mom let me borrow one of hers. I go to cut my fabric and my scissors have Nick's all in the blades and need replaced (I've had them 20 years). I manage to make it work and set the machine up to sew. It will only sew backwards! So I get the book out and it says the feed mechanism is damaged and to take it for repair.
How disappointing.
My husband fixes sewing machines. He says take it apart enough so you can aim a hair dryer into the feed area and get it nice and hot with the hair dryer to see if you can get it so that it "breaks free."
I'd try it but I already gave it back to my mom. Thanks though.
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Have you looked into renting a sewing machine for a few days so you can your project?
Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Bummer about the machines. Whatcha working on?
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Crap, that sucks. I agree, it's time to go shopping for a new sewing machine!
Locked Previous topicNext topic