Why does it have to be mine?! You have your own!

Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

If they are rough or break the charger horsing around then they lose the device and charger all together for quite awhile. But they are pretty good with their stuff now, the last time I replaced a tablet or chargers was over 18 months/2 years ago. They know not to mess around because I have no problem taking their stuff for months NOT days or weeks, LOL
SeekingPeace wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:26 pm I remember you talking about those spare chargers before! LOL. And I agree it's good to have spare ones and that they do sometimes breakdown even if a kid is treating them well. But...for the kid who is not treating them well, I would not make new ones available to them too easily. Those things are expensive and need to be taken care of. :)
Sassy762 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:16 pm I always buy extra charges when I buy the kids new devices, so I have extra stored in case something happens. Sometimes chargers just stop working or over time charge slower than usual. But my kids are pretty careful with their toys, devices and chargers in general.
Olioxenfree wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:08 pm

I wouldn't be rushing to buy them a new one when the reason why their old one isn't working if because they treat it poorly...
CotterpinDoozer
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Everything is suddenly much better when it's mom's lol.

Are they sneaking these things or are they just whining for them? My son usually asks to try whatever it is that I have. If I say no, he knows that if he whines he goes to his room.
SeekingPeace
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I know you very well, Sassy! I knew you'd make available to them what they need. And I knew you'd hold them responsible for their items! And I love that about you! :)

Sassy762 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:43 pm If they are rough or break the charger horsing around then they lose the device and charger all together for quite awhile. But they are pretty good with their stuff now, the last time I replaced a tablet or chargers was over 18 months/2 years ago. They know not to mess around because I have no problem taking their stuff for months NOT days or weeks, LOL
SeekingPeace wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:26 pm I remember you talking about those spare chargers before! LOL. And I agree it's good to have spare ones and that they do sometimes breakdown even if a kid is treating them well. But...for the kid who is not treating them well, I would not make new ones available to them too easily. Those things are expensive and need to be taken care of. :)
Sassy762 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:16 pm I always buy extra charges when I buy the kids new devices, so I have extra stored in case something happens. Sometimes chargers just stop working or over time charge slower than usual. But my kids are pretty careful with their toys, devices and chargers in general.
SeekingPeace
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

MrsDavidB, I should have tagged you in this original response. The other day, you were remarking how you saw that I do have a devilish side to me. Here's proof. :lol: :evil:
SeekingPeace wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:17 pm This part put a conniving grin across my face. So simple. I like it! :)

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:50 pm It's simple. What theirs is theirs and what yours is theirs! Hide your snacks and take their phone when they use your charger.
RedBottoms

Unread post

That is why I don't let my kids have free range of the kitchen. They are not allowed to get drinks and snacks without asking first.

Also that is a lot of sugary beverages for kids. Maybe get them to drink more water.

Start hiding your good stuff from them. Kids are dumb so hide the Pepsi behind something healthy and they won't find it
SeekingPeace
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'm really getting a kick out of these responses tonight. Is everyone drinking lattes tonight? :lol:
RedBottoms wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:08 am That is why I don't let my kids have free range of the kitchen. They are not allowed to get drinks and snacks without asking first.

Also that is a lot of sugary beverages for kids. Maybe get them to drink more water.

Start hiding your good stuff from them. Kids are dumb so hide the Pepsi behind something healthy and they won't find it
Princess_s21
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

Yup that’s often the case. What Mum has is always better lol.
leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:32 pm So why do you let them? They are your kids, tell them no.

This. how young are they?
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

leadfoot40 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:00 am
Olioxenfree wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:32 pm So why do you let them? They are your kids, tell them no.

This. how young are they?
In my book if they are old enough to have free use of their own tablet and know how which charger works faster, they are old enough to remember "don't touch this"
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

So what is their punishment for taking your food?
Locked Previous topicNext topic