Maybe 3 blocks from my house...pipe bombs!!

brandyblx
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

MrsDavidB wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:11 amOh wow!
Yup, and that house is just down the road; around the corner. I'm glad the homeowner (guy who "found" the chest) didn't drop it or try to really move it. Can't imagine what would have happened.
brandyblx
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

There are so many big/busy places here. Hopefully he only had the one chest, and hasn't already placed bombs anywhere with the intention of killing as many as he could. Wth is wrong with people?
Squirrelcat
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Scary!
brandyblx
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Squirrelcat wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:58 amScary!
Definitely.
noitsmebecky
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Yikes. That’s scary.
“Nevertheless, she persisted.”
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

brandyblx wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:25 am
Spookly wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:51 am son of a bitch! TG they got him before he could go full on psycho.
Hope they shove one up his ass >:(
They (owner of house and roommate) won't admit to having planned anything...so far. But, why else would you have a chest of pipe bombs? Not logical.Who would keep a chest full of pipe bombs "just in case" ?
those tin foil hat people who fear for the end of the world come to mind, they take their artillery and food very seriously, lol.
brandyblx
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

JACKSON COUNTY, MS (WLOX) -
An investigation is underway after multiple pipe bombs, including one working device, were recovered from a Jackson County home Wednesday. Authorities say it happened in the 15,000 block of Big Ridge Road, which is in the southwestern part of the county.

Witness Andrew Dauphin tells us what he saw. "Last night it was crazy. It was like, all the cops were here and everything," he said.

The man who lives in the home reportedly discovered the devices in a chest inside the house. He contacted authorities, telling them that the bombs were discovered inside a chest left behind by his former roommates that recently moved out.

Dauphin recalls what he says happened before police were called. "Our neighbor found it like. The guy had gotten evicted and stuff then he was helping the dude's girlfriend move. And then that fell out and that's when he called the cops," he said.

Biloxi Police Department's bomb squad and federal Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms agents were contacted. ATF agent Jason Denham, confirmed to WLOX that multiple devices were recovered. One of those devices was fully functional, said Denham, adding that the others could readily be assembled by adding wires. The devices are no longer a threat, he said.

"One was active, about to be detonated. The cops, they sat out here three hours trying to defuse it," Dauphin said.

One of the renters who reportedly brought the explosive devices into the home is in jail on a probation violation. The arrest was made before the discovery of the pipe bombs and is unrelated to this case, said authorities. No names have been released.

A neighbor, who wished to remain anonymous, tells WLOX, "I was astonished. I really was not expecting that because the neighborhood is really quiet. Maybe drugs because of the activity that was coming out of the house. However I was not expecting at all whatsoever for a bomb squad to show up in a neighborhood like this," they said.

When asked if computers, phones or other technology had been confiscated to search for clues and leads, Denham said, "We haven't recovered any evidence federally yet."

The neighbor says law enforcement was at the home around five hours investigating the explosives.

Other neighbors tell us their reaction to the news.

"Honestly, it makes me feel unsafe because you only know as much as someone lets you know about them," Dauphin said.

Another witness says, "It makes me think that you really do need to pay more attention to your neighbors. You don't need to turn your head. When you see traffic like that, it's not about being the neighborhood snitch. It's about making sure that your kids don't get blown up in their sleep.

We will have more on this developing story coming up today on WLOX at 6 p.m.
brandyblx
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Unread post

In this evening's edition of Jackson County is a Shithole.

Girl, you need to move.
Danesmommy1
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Scary!
She is too fond of books and it has turned her brain.
Locked Previous topicNext topic