My daughter is going to be so pissed....

Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Nerdymom wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:44 pm
Fullxbusymom wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:37 pm
Nerdymom wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:25 pm The termite guys came out today to spray around the house, in the attic and do an inspection. The guy knocked on the door when they were done and said to make sure the pets stay in for about an hour and oh yeah I sprayed that big red ant hill in the front yard for you too.... my 11 year old has been watching that ant hill for months, she puts different things out to feed them and has watched their hill grow and change with the weather. She is going to be so mad..
I wouldn't tell her.
She will notice, she goes out at least twice a day to check in their progress.
I know but you don't have to claim to know anything.
eyes4ears
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Nerdymom wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:43 pm
eyes4ears wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:39 pm
Nerdymom wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:29 pm

She had one, the problem is they die pretty fast and it’s not legal to ship a queen ant so once they are dead that’s it.
How about getting her a bee hive?
Bee's can be shipped via postal and that includes a queen.
We are actually planning on building a bee house. We have a pond and a ton of bees hang around the pond all day.
That's too cool!
I am jealous.
Nerdymom
MegaMod
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

eyes4ears wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:05 pm
eyes4ears wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:39 pm

How about getting her a bee hive?
Bee's can be shipped via postal and that includes a queen.
We are actually planning on building a bee house. We have a pond and a ton of bees hang around the pond all day.
That's too cool!
I am jealous.
I’m not sure if they are in all areas but we learned at a local bug fair that all we need is a wooden box and bamboo to build something like this and bees live inside them. We have bamboo on our back yard so it works out great for us, the bees lay eggs in the little tunnels.
Attachments
631DD685-9EA1-4CAF-AE62-3E8D063CB35F.jpeg
Anon

Unread post

Lunarprancer wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:31 pm OMG, kill all the red ants.
LOL NO SHIT! FIYA FIYA!
Mammagoose
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Nerdymom wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:42 pm

That's too cool!
I am jealous.
I’m not sure if they are in all areas but we learned at a local bug fair that all we need is a wooden box and bamboo to build something like this and bees live inside them. We have bamboo on our back yard so it works out great for us, the bees lay eggs in the little tunnels.
If you're feeling lazy costco here has been selling those.
Anon

Unread post

Mammagoose wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:54 pm
Nerdymom wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:42 pm

That's too cool!
I am jealous.
If you're feeling lazy costco here has been selling those.
They sell them at Menards around here.
AubreeGrace17
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

That really sucks. I feel bad for her :(
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

As someone who gets the crap bitten out of her every time she mows I'd kill my kid if he fed red ants. I hate them with a fiery passion of hatred. Those and wasps. Tell her don't worry if they're like my ants from hell they'll just move the mound.
Anon

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:00 pm As someone who gets the crap bitten out of her every time she mows I'd kill my kid if he fed red ants. I hate them with a fiery passion of hatred. Those and wasps. Tell her don't worry if they're like my ants from hell they'll just move the mound.
Yes! Wasps are like hot matches with wings.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anon wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:03 pm
Pjmm wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:00 pm As someone who gets the crap bitten out of her every time she mows I'd kill my kid if he fed red ants. I hate them with a fiery passion of hatred. Those and wasps. Tell her don't worry if they're like my ants from hell they'll just move the mound.
Yes! Wasps are like hot matches with wings.
I got stung by one last year trying to put up hurricane shutters. Those fuckers are worse than a bee and I swear sting for no reason other than to be dicks.
Locked Previous topicNext topic