Heartbroken and confused 6 year old

Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Poor kid! It's hard enough to understand as an adult why people sometimes do things like that. Hope she feels better soon. I guess this is the first of one of those painful life lessons...people get squirrelly. :(
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The idea of mailing the package would probably elicit a reply but I'd be inclined to not give the kid anything after she snubbed your daughter. You don't owe her anything after she did that. I'd just tell you daughter you don't know why they haven't heard from her friend's mom but this will help her remember in the future to always do what she says she will. Plan playdates with other kids and ignore the kid who hurt her.
RedBottoms

Unread post

EarlGrayHot wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:47 am The idea of mailing the package would probably elicit a reply but I'd be inclined to not give the kid anything after she snubbed your daughter. You don't owe her anything after she did that. I'd just tell you daughter you don't know why they haven't heard from her friend's mom but this will help her remember in the future to always do what she says she will. Plan playdates with other kids and ignore the kid who hurt her.
Same. If you want a present from me, you gotta invite me to the party or at least hang out casually with me
Spookly
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

awe, poor kiddo. :( Hopefully all is sorted out.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It’s likely that it has nothing to do with you and they’re going through a family situation right now. Maybe something they don’t care to share with people, like economic problems or a sickness in the family and they’re avoiding calls.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That’s you. People deal with stress differently. Some people are more social and can continue to work their relationships without much effort. Others, like myself, are serious introverts and when we’re overwhelmed by emotions prefer to retreat and avoid communication for a while. I have ignored phone calls and messages sometimes, because acknowledging them usually results in more communication, people wanting to be with you and asking more questions. And I appreciate the intention, but sometimes I just don’t want to go there. Like now, with my brother sick and considering abandoning chemotherapy. I don’t want people constantly asking me about it. So I back off, because I wouldn’t tell others to do that. You don’t have to understand that, but you can respect it and not consider that person rude or selfish because you’re not a priority in their lives at the moment.
RedBottoms wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:07 am
MeAF wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:16 pm
RedBottoms wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:37 pm

It takes two seconds to send a quick text. There is no excuse for them to not let them know party is cancelled etc
Or they might have more important things on their minds and texting someone could be way down the priority list. I know when I've been in stressful unexpected situations , I am very forgetful.
I guess I don't get it. I have had so much stress in my life losing two babies and going through infertility and a high risk pregnancy and then having twins and then having a special needs child with autism and another special needs child with a life threatening food allergy and various other things yet you can ask anyone that knows me-I always return emails, phone calls and texts prompty. Hell I even send hand written thank you notes.

So no, I don't get the inability to take 20 seconds to text "Sorry we are not having the party right now. Lots going on. Will catch up later."
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
RedBottoms

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:20 am That’s you. People deal with stress differently. Some people are more social and can continue to work their relationships without much effort. Others, like myself, are serious introverts and when we’re overwhelmed by emotions prefer to retreat and avoid communication for a while. I have ignored phone calls and messages sometimes, because acknowledging them usually results in more communication, people wanting to be with you and asking more questions. And I appreciate the intention, but sometimes I just don’t want to go there. Like now, with my brother sick and considering abandoning chemotherapy. I don’t want people constantly asking me about it. So I back off, because I wouldn’t tell others to do that. You don’t have to understand that, but you can respect it and not consider that person rude or selfish because you’re not a priority in their lives at the moment.
RedBottoms wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:07 am
MeAF wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:16 pm

Or they might have more important things on their minds and texting someone could be way down the priority list. I know when I've been in stressful unexpected situations , I am very forgetful.
I guess I don't get it. I have had so much stress in my life losing two babies and going through infertility and a high risk pregnancy and then having twins and then having a special needs child with autism and another special needs child with a life threatening food allergy and various other things yet you can ask anyone that knows me-I always return emails, phone calls and texts prompty. Hell I even send hand written thank you notes.

So no, I don't get the inability to take 20 seconds to text "Sorry we are not having the party right now. Lots going on. Will catch up later."
but wouldn't a simple " I really need some time alone right now. But thanks for checking on me." text be that hard to send? It takes 10 seconds! Without any reply at all you leave people worrying that you are not okay or dead or you hate them or don't want to be friends anymore etc.
AsteroidStar
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I still haven't heard from the Mom, but I sat down and talked with my daughter yesterday when she asked about her friend. I reminded her that it is summertime, and it isn't unusual for kids to lose track of their school friends over the summer. I told her that I would let her know if we hear from her friends' Mom, but in the meantime, we have swimming lessons, dance classes, and a vacation to go on. She's ok. We agreed that we hope nothing is wrong, and that they can reconnect soon, then we played a game of checkers and went swimming.
You might be a king or a lowly street sweeper, but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.
RedBottoms

Unread post

AsteroidStar wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:12 pm I still haven't heard from the Mom, but I sat down and talked with my daughter yesterday when she asked about her friend. I reminded her that it is summertime, and it isn't unusual for kids to lose track of their school friends over the summer. I told her that I would let her know if we hear from her friends' Mom, but in the meantime, we have swimming lessons, dance classes, and a vacation to go on. She's ok. We agreed that we hope nothing is wrong, and that they can reconnect soon, then we played a game of checkers and went swimming.
Good job mom!
AsteroidStar
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:25 pm
AsteroidStar wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:12 pm I still haven't heard from the Mom, but I sat down and talked with my daughter yesterday when she asked about her friend. I reminded her that it is summertime, and it isn't unusual for kids to lose track of their school friends over the summer. I told her that I would let her know if we hear from her friends' Mom, but in the meantime, we have swimming lessons, dance classes, and a vacation to go on. She's ok. We agreed that we hope nothing is wrong, and that they can reconnect soon, then we played a game of checkers and went swimming.
Good job mom!
She's a really good kid with a huge heart. I know I can't protect her from everything, but I hate seeing her hurt, you know?
You might be a king or a lowly street sweeper, but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.
Locked Previous topicNext topic