Heartbroken and confused 6 year old

AnakinVader

Unread post

Just tell your daughter you don't know, but if you find out you will tell her. Don't dwell on it. If DD brings it up again remind her that you don't know. She is 6 eventually she will forget.
AsteroidStar
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Thanks for the advice. I know that she can easily make new friends, and it's not like she doesn't have the opportunity to do so. This is the first time that my daughter has had to go through something like this, and yeah, she and the other little girl have gotten really close(I have no idea why a kid having a best friend would be considered weird, they've been in the same class for 2 years). She's just been sad and confused, and I hate seeing my kid hurt. I've sat down with her, and talked with her about it. She's just having a hard time.
You might be a king or a lowly street sweeper, but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

AsteroidStar wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:46 pm Thanks for the advice. I know that she can easily make new friends, and it's not like she doesn't have the opportunity to do so. This is the first time that my daughter has had to go through something like this, and yeah, she and the other little girl have gotten really close(I have no idea why a kid having a best friend would be considered weird, they've been in the same class for 2 years). She's just been sad and confused, and I hate seeing my kid hurt. I've sat down with her, and talked with her about it. She's just having a hard time.
This won't be the last time you see your baby hurting. Best thing to do is teach her to get over heart break instead of wallowing in it.

Unread post

Sorry, but sometimes other things are more important than calling back my kids friends.

There might be some kind of family situation going on that came up unexpectedly and the birthday party got put on the back burner for now. A few years ago when my mother in law got diagnosed with cancer, I was so frazzled, I didn't know if I was coming or going.
[/quote]

It takes two seconds to send a quick text. There is no excuse for them to not let them know party is cancelled etc
[/quote]
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:37 pm
MeAF wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:39 pm There might be some kind of family situation going on that came up unexpectedly and the birthday party got put on the back burner for now. A few years ago when my mother in law got diagnosed with cancer, I was so frazzled, I didn't know if I was coming or going.
It takes two seconds to send a quick text. There is no excuse for them to not let them know party is cancelled etc
Or they might have more important things on their minds and texting someone could be way down the priority list. I know when I've been in stressful unexpected situations , I am very forgetful.
RedBottoms

Unread post

MeAF wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:16 pm
RedBottoms wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:37 pm
MeAF wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:39 pm There might be some kind of family situation going on that came up unexpectedly and the birthday party got put on the back burner for now. A few years ago when my mother in law got diagnosed with cancer, I was so frazzled, I didn't know if I was coming or going.
Or they might have more important things on their minds and texting someone could be way down the priority list. I know when I've been in stressful unexpected situations , I am very forgetful.
I guess I don't get it. I have had so much stress in my life losing two babies and going through infertility and a high risk pregnancy and then having twins and then having a special needs child with autism and another special needs child with a life threatening food allergy and various other things yet you can ask anyone that knows me-I always return emails, phone calls and texts prompty. Hell I even send hand written thank you notes.

So no, I don't get the inability to take 20 seconds to text "Sorry we are not having the party right now. Lots going on. Will catch up later."
RedBottoms

Unread post

Guest wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:01 pm Sorry, but sometimes other things are more important than calling back my kids friends.

There might be some kind of family situation going on that came up unexpectedly and the birthday party got put on the back burner for now. A few years ago when my mother in law got diagnosed with cancer, I was so frazzled, I didn't know if I was coming or going.
[/quote]
[/quote]
then you may end up damaging their social lives. If a mother ghosts me or doesn't show up to something we had planned or does not return phone calls etc-I stop inviting their kid to things. Its happened plenty of times. Ultimately the kids my kids end up hanging out with are the parents that can return a text or phone call and show up on time and not cancel and follow through etc.

I don't have time for flaky people
eyes4ears
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I hope you go over there today and update us on the situation.
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I'm sure there's an explanation to what is going on. I hope they contact you soon.

LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I have had my kids "plan" parties with friends, and I'll say something optimistic like, "yea, we'll see" or "i'm working on it". And yea, then life happens & it doesn't work out.

My kids get really screwed when it comes to birthday parties, lol.

I would simply leave one more message with the mom inviting her DD to your house or an event and then your DD can give her the present.
Locked Previous topicNext topic