Heartbroken and confused 6 year old

...MyLove...

Unread post

AsteroidStar wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:39 pm The party isn't the point. How do you explain to a heartbroken 6 year old, why her best friend has just dropped off the planet, when the last thing she heard was essentially "see you at the party" then there is no contact after that. I'm an adult. I can handle it and logic through. She is 6. She's not understanding why this is happening.
...MyLove... wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:16 pm
AsteroidStar wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:07 pm There was a swim party the day after school let out. Everything was fine when she dropped my daughter off. Her daughter's birthday party was supposed to be this past weekend. We haven't heard from them since June 2, despite having left a couple of messages(the last one being yesterday)
It's over then. She wasn't invited for whatever reason. It's time to move on.
Well, start acting like an adult. Take her out and do fun things together. Encourage her to make new friends. Why is a 6 year old so dependant on another child? It's weird.
RedBottoms

Unread post

AsteroidStar wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:39 pm The party isn't the point. How do you explain to a heartbroken 6 year old, why her best friend has just dropped off the planet, when the last thing she heard was essentially "see you at the party" then there is no contact after that. I'm an adult. I can handle it and logic through. She is 6. She's not understanding why this is happening.
AsteroidStar wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:07 pm There was a swim party the day after school let out. Everything was fine when she dropped my daughter off. Her daughter's birthday party was supposed to be this past weekend. We haven't heard from them since June 2, despite having left a couple of messages(the last one being yesterday)
Unfortunately this is a life lesson she has to learn. Sometimes people ghost you. Explain to her it's not polite. But people do it. May have nothing to do with her.

But you are going to go make new friends that want to hang out with you. Then do so.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

You explain to her you don't know what happened and it's not anything she's done wrong...Things happen and as soon as you find out what happened you will let her know. When things get back on track they can have a playdate or something. Then let it go.
CreamTop
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

That’s too bad. I would just reassure my dd that it wasn’t her fault. Things like this happen in life and we don’t always know why.
i rise.....
RedBottoms

Unread post

we don't know for a fact if it was or was not her DD. Maybe they stopped getting along or her DD offended the other child somehow?
Bren_da
Donated
Donated
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Go by her house and check in
Foreverme123
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I'd just let the whole thing go and distract DD as much as possible.

We don't always get answers, even when it's heartbreaking to not get them. Find a new set of friends for her to hang around with and she'll move on, too.
noitsmebecky
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

“Hey honey, I’m not sure what’s going on with [insert name]. Hopefully we hear from them soon!”

That’s it. Sure it’d sad but it doesn’t need to be a huge thing.

“Nevertheless, she persisted.”
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I think I would just say it's sad but give them time.. maybe they're having some issues in their life they have to deal with. And encourage her to write a letter saying she misses her friend. That's all one can do. At least her friend will know her feelings.
AubreeGrace17
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I'd just move on and help your daughter find new friends.
Locked Previous topicNext topic