Heartbroken and confused 6 year old

AsteroidStar
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

My daughter connected with a little girl in her pre-k class that was also in her kinder class this past school year. They have been attached at the hip, BFFs. There have been playdates, sleepovers, birthday parties, and only one or two arguments(that got worked out pretty quickly). Her friend's birthday was at the beginning of the month, and plans had been tentatively made for my daughter to go over to their house for a party. Mom said she would call and confirm. We went and got her friend a present. The call never came. It's been 2 weeks and we have tried to contact them a few times(not enough to be pests), and have gotten no return calls. I don't get it. Everything was fine. There was no indication of a problem. Now my daughter is completely heartbroken and confused, and I don't know what to tell her. I feel so bad for her. I don't want to jump to conclusions, I mean, who knows what's going on, but who does that to a kid? The last thing we heard from her Mom, as she was dropping my daughter off after a swim party was "Goodnight! I will call in a couple days about the party!"
You might be a king or a lowly street sweeper, but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

There might be some kind of family situation going on that came up unexpectedly and the birthday party got put on the back burner for now. A few years ago when my mother in law got diagnosed with cancer, I was so frazzled, I didn't know if I was coming or going.
AsteroidStar
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Yeah, I am thinking that is what is going on(this is out of character), it's just hard to explain to my little girl why her friend dropped off the planet. Normally, the mom would return calls.
MeAF wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:39 pm There might be some kind of family situation going on that came up unexpectedly and the birthday party got put on the back burner for now. A few years ago when my mother in law got diagnosed with cancer, I was so frazzled, I didn't know if I was coming or going.
You might be a king or a lowly street sweeper, but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Hopefully you hear from them soon!
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Are they still in school?
RedBottoms

Unread post

MeAF wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:39 pm There might be some kind of family situation going on that came up unexpectedly and the birthday party got put on the back burner for now. A few years ago when my mother in law got diagnosed with cancer, I was so frazzled, I didn't know if I was coming or going.
It takes two seconds to send a quick text. There is no excuse for them to not let them know party is cancelled etc
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

So..the party already happened?
AsteroidStar
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

No, school let out in the beginning of June.
Vegaswife2011 wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:24 pm Are they still in school?
AsteroidStar
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

There was a swim party the day after school let out. Everything was fine when she dropped my daughter off. Her daughter's birthday party was supposed to be this past weekend. We haven't heard from them since June 2, despite having left a couple of messages(the last one being yesterday)
Inmybizz wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:48 pm So..the party already happened?
...MyLove...

Unread post

AsteroidStar wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:07 pm There was a swim party the day after school let out. Everything was fine when she dropped my daughter off. Her daughter's birthday party was supposed to be this past weekend. We haven't heard from them since June 2, despite having left a couple of messages(the last one being yesterday)
Inmybizz wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:48 pm So..the party already happened?
It's over then. She wasn't invited for whatever reason. It's time to move on.
Locked Previous topicNext topic