What does that mean, take time for yourself?

MonkeySeeMonkeyDo
Patreon
Patreon
Regent
Regent

Unread post

A friend of mine told me she’s concerned I’m not taking enough time for myself.

But I thought I was.

So what does that mean exactly?

What does taking time for yourself mean to you?
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

To me it means I dont live my life for other people. I have my own identity separate from my family.
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

To me it means still going out alone or with my best friend to fun or random places. We like to eat downtown or explore supposed haunted places. It means working at least part time (for me). It means maybe taking a vacation (like a weekend) alone or with a friend. It means different things to different women but in general I think it’s a good idea to not have your entire identity wrapped up in being a mom.
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It's different for everyone but basically it means that you do something that's just for you and only you. That could be going to the spa or the gym or the library. Whatever you want to do that's therapeutic and relaxing for you.
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I have always made time for my hobbies and passion because no one else will do it for me.
For me I found that when my needs are met I am able to meet the demands of my day and the needs of the people I care about without getting burned out in the process. Self-love & self-care always.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Doing things that are for you, not just going around what everyone else wants.
Manic_Sinner
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

When I do things just for myself... like when I leave most mornings alone to drive, shop, eat lunch etc and just be alone and do stuff I enjoy.
I’m one of those regular weird people.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Taking time out for just you. Whether it's just an hour each day, a long weekend, or a vacation. Just some time where the only person you are focused on & making happy is you. Some days, that may only be 30 minutes in the bathroom alone or doing yoga while the kids nap. To me, it's not about the time or what you do/go to, but that there's nobody else making any demands for your time, energy or effort in that moment. That your only focus is on yourself.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

It means you spend a certain amount of time each day or week doing something just for you. I get up earlier than everyone else and have that time alone to prepare for the day. I also go out to lunch alone, have tea alone and read a book, watch a movie, go to a movie alone, go shopping alone or get a mani/pedi. Do something that you would enjoy doing.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I honestly don't know. I've spent the last 32 years focusing on everyone except me. I lost myself :(
Locked Previous topicNext topic