What do you think about situations where the wife stays home but the husband

Anonymous 1

Unread post

wants her to get a job? This would be a situation where the 4 kids are ranging from 5th grade up to college. Wife has only ever worked off and on with her last job ending in 2012.

His issue is that the whole financial burden is on his shoulders and there's usually little money for extras. Their kids go without birthday and Christmas, no going to the movies and their clothes are old and tattered.

The husband has basically been begging for his wife to work for years and has finally given up and decided that the only way there will be any savings or extras is if he gets a second job.

Wife sits around eating popcorn, watching the ID channel, chitchats with the neighbors, surfs the internet and is glued to her phone all evening.
Rebeccaraev2
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I'd have divorced her myself years ago. What good is she bringing to the family and marriage?
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I’m sure the wife does more then eat popcorn and watch tv, but aside from that....her ass should get a job.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Well he needs to take some of the blame as well. He had many kids knowing they cannot afford them. He also has choices. If he thinks his life would be better off without her then he can leave her.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

She sounds financially abusive 😂😂
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I think the wife needs to work and is being selfish in this particular case. This might not end well for her when her DH gets truly sick of it. I sure don’t want to support some lazy adult. But cheaper to keep her and all that jazz. Ugh. Why anyone would have 4 kids with someone like that is beyond me but he did.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Personally, I couldn't do that. I couldn't in good conscience stay at home while my husband got a second job. I couldn't in good conscience stay at home while my kids went without a Christmas and Birthdays.

But their marriage, their issue to figure out. Though I have a feeling the marriage won't last long if she doesn't find a way to acknowledge his concerns.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

Why did he have four children with her knowing she's a bad mother?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

He has allowed her to sit at home this long. He should give her a choice, get a job or get divorced
Foreverme123
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Time for this woman to get a job. I don't care what the million excuses are. Time to get over that allergy to working long before your kids are in jacked up clothing. That's just unreal to me. I have kids in that same age range and I'm just trying to imagine what that kind of life would be like for everyone. Ugh.
Locked Previous topicNext topic