My son is a thief

Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Well, accidentally. Yesterday I dropped my 8 and 7 year old off to go grocery shopping with my grandparents. They go with them every Monday to help them translate, since they don't speak a lot of English and can't read our alphabet, and to count their money for them, since they are still getting used to converting dollars to yen in their minds.

Sometimes my grandparents get them a treat to say thanks. My seven year old was carrying his candy bar when my grandmother needed help getting something from a low shelf, so he stuck the bar in his jacket pocket to free up his hands. This morning he was putting on his jacket to walk to school and he realized the candy bar was still there and he had forgotten to pay for it. I don't think I've ever seen him look so mortified. I took him back after practice to apologize and pay for it and told him he needs to be more careful. Have your kids ever stolen something, on purpose or by accident?
Lolabearlow
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

No, but I did. Lol
Stores in mall used to have “sidewalk sales” just outside their door in the mall. I had some socks in my hand and since it was Christmas I thought
“I’ll get these if I find something else but I’m not standing in line for socks....”
So I walked out to check the sales and walked off down the mall with said socks tucked under my arm with my clutch....

Oops. I realized it about a half hour later when I grabbed my clutch to pay at another store. I ran back and handed it to the clerk with apologies, and she laughed that people did that at least once a day...that’s probably why they stopped doing those sales...lol
Anonymous 1

Unread post

My 7 year old tried to steal a toy from goodwill, the worst thing about it was all he would have had to do was ask but since he stole it asking was out of question.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

No but I was once at longs getting something for my mom and I needed to call her so I walked out to the payphone (no cell service) and when I went to get a quarter I realized I was carrying a bunch of stuff from the store. I walked back inside apologizing and they just said we knew you wouldn't walk off with it.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

My oldest once took a candy bar, and my youngest once stole a Soap Opera Digest, she was 4/5 and couldn’t read yet. I have no clue why that was her object of choice lol I of course marched them back in, and made them apologize.

As a young one my mom said I was quite the thief, thankfully as an adult it’s only happened by accident.

A few days ago my DD and I were shopping. We didn’t grab a cart cause we weren’t grabbing much, but when I went to grab cat food I realized I needed an extra hand so I handed her some bullion I was carrying, only she had no hands so I shoved it in her pocket. We got to the register, paid and left. As we were getting in the car she realized it was still in her pocket, I went back in and paid for it. It’s a small local store so they know me, they thought it was funny.
Verrine
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I think DS was 4 and we were at the beach getting souvenirs. I don't even remember what he walked out with. We turned around and went back in to pay for it.
noitsmebecky
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Ds stole a candy bar from the 7-11 on the corner in our apartment complex. I have a feeling his friends had been doing it for awhile. He got caught pretty quickly bc he was being so weird about it. I had given him a $5 bill so I was like, "Where's the change?" and he admitted it. When I asked why he said it was bc he wanted to see if he could get away with it. He was like, "Obviously, I didn't." He hasn't done it since. I didn't make a huge deal out of it bc he admitted and offered to pay so we went back, he did and explained it to the cashier.
“Nevertheless, she persisted.”
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Many of us have done it. Twice I noticed something in the bottom of my shopping cart. Once it was like 20 cents of bulk garlic powder. The other time was earbuds. I returned the earbuds to customer service and they were happy I returned to pay for it.

I work in the legal field and returning something that was forgotten by accident has not always worked out well for people.

My kids have never, ever stolen that I know of. If they ever had shoplifted or ever will, the consequences I would impose would not be worth the action.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lolabearlow wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:10 pm No, but I did. Lol
Stores in mall used to have “sidewalk sales” just outside their door in the mall. I had some socks in my hand and since it was Christmas I thought
“I’ll get these if I find something else but I’m not standing in line for socks....”
So I walked out to check the sales and walked off down the mall with said socks tucked under my arm with my clutch....

Oops. I realized it about a half hour later when I grabbed my clutch to pay at another store. I ran back and handed it to the clerk with apologies, and she laughed that people did that at least once a day...that’s probably why they stopped doing those sales...lol
I shoplifted a few times when I was 12. Four days after I turned 13 I got caught. My mother came and looked after it. Basically I was not allowed back in the store for three months. Then...I had to go home... with her!
Lolabearlow
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Linda_Runs wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:18 am
Lolabearlow wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:10 pm No, but I did. Lol

I shoplifted a few times when I was 12. Four days after I turned 13 I got caught. My mother came and looked after it. Basically I was not allowed back in the store for three months. Then...I had to go home... with her!
I was about 25, lol.

If I had been 13, going home would have been the worst.... I probably would have been killed by my mothers death stare, lol.
Locked Previous topicNext topic