My kids are no longer allowed at my sils

Spunky
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:27 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:27 pm
MrsDavidB wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:29 am ...And she probably doesn’t care you won’t be coming around anymore. It’s a hassle for her to deal with people and the dog so it will just be easier for her now.
Honestly I haven't seen her in 6 months anyways. This is just kind of the last straw. My kids aren't allowed over there without me as it is because she allowed my nieces to be alone with my fil who molested her and then molested my nieces. She doesn't see it as a big deal.
yeah I would but ending that relationship
Apparently she did....over the puppy👀
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Eves9 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:27 pm My two great danes and our pit had to be put in kennels when we got them as puppies due to they didn't understand how large and powerful they are not because they were aggressive. We did keep them away from people and especially kids for a bit so we could work with them one on one before socializing them.

I think you are overreacting.
She has no plans to socialize the puppy at all or it wouldn't bother me. She thinks the puppy will just outgrow it.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

MrsDavidB wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:29 am ...And she probably doesn’t care you won’t be coming around anymore. It’s a hassle for her to deal with people and the dog so it will just be easier for her now.
Honestly I haven't seen her in 6 months anyways. This is just kind of the last straw. My kids aren't allowed over there without me as it is because she allowed my nieces to be alone with my fil who molested her and then molested my nieces. She doesn't see it as a big deal.
I basically have with my sil but I will always be there for my nieces. I was there to pick up my niece for the day.
Eves9
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:31 pm
Eves9 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:27 pm My two great danes and our pit had to be put in kennels when we got them as puppies due to they didn't understand how large and powerful they are not because they were aggressive. We did keep them away from people and especially kids for a bit so we could work with them one on one before socializing them.

She has no plans to socialize the puppy at all or it wouldn't bother me. She thinks the puppy will just outgrow it.
You don't know that for certain and you may be misunderstanding what she's saying. I'd often say "No, we aren't socializing the dogs now." but that didn't mean we never did.

Our dogs are very sweet, friendly and lovely animals because we did work so much one on one and took the time to make sure they were secure around people and not so energy ridden. You really don't know what she's planning.

Yes, there are bad dog owners but I don't buy this.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Eves9 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:34 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:31 pm

You don't know that for certain and you may be misunderstanding what she's saying. I'd often say "No, we aren't socializing the dogs now." but that didn't mean we never did.

Our dogs are very sweet, friendly and lovely animals because we did work so much one on one and took the time to make sure they were secure around people and not so energy ridden. You really don't know what she's planning.

Yes, there are bad dog owners but I don't buy this.
She said "we aren't going to socialize the puppy because nobody really comes over to see him anyways. And I get tired of his jumping so I'm just going to keep him in there until he outgrows it. Its just a phase he will be great when he is grown." Then went on and on about how dogs will naturally pick up on language and dog training is a waste of time and energy.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:32 pm

I basically have with my sil but I will always be there for my nieces. I was there to pick up my niece for the day.
They are collateral damage till they are 18. As long as they are minors you cannot get the kids without having a good relationship with the parents
Anonymous 1

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:03 pm

They are collateral damage till they are 18. As long as they are minors you cannot get the kids without having a good relationship with the parents
My niece is 14 and my sil 100% trusts me. She has told me that since she is a single mom she wants her kids to be able to openly and honestly talk to me about anything because they need someone to go to when they feel like they cant talk to her. My niece stayed with me 50 hours a week from the time she was 6 months old until she was 3 and my sil quit her job to go back on welfare. Then again when my niece was 5-8. I spent years homeschooling her. When my other niece was pregnant she came to me before her mom.
I used to be close to her mom before she started selling oils and went off of the deep end. And then I found out about the molestation thing and I just can't forgive that one.
Its kind of a strange situation.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:22 pm

My niece is 14 and my sil 100% trusts me. She has told me that since she is a single mom she wants her kids to be able to openly and honestly talk to me about anything because they need someone to go to when they feel like they cant talk to her. My niece stayed with me 50 hours a week from the time she was 6 months old until she was 3 and my sil quit her job to go back on welfare. Then again when my niece was 5-8. I spent years homeschooling her. When my other niece was pregnant she came to me before her mom.
I used to be close to her mom before she started selling oils and went off of the deep end. And then I found out about the molestation thing and I just can't forgive that one.
this is a weird situation. I don't think its normal for an Aunt to be that involved in raising her niece. Does your niece know about how low your opinion of her mother is?
Anonymous 8

Unread post

I don't really see your point on this what so ever and think you're majorly over reacting and bit ridiculous.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:30 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:22 pm
this is a weird situation. I don't think its normal for an Aunt to be that involved in raising her niece. Does your niece know about how low your opinion of her mother is?
No I'm careful to keep it from her but my niece is really struggling because my sil isnt letting her leave the house except with me and gets mad at her if she tries to talk to any friends she does have. Both my sil and niece have told me that. My sil is terrified that she will end up being a teen mom like she was so once her kids become teens she tries to completely isolate them from the world. I try to encourage my niece to understand my sil wants what's best for her and because her parents were so hands off (she was basically left to raise my dh) she just wants better for her. My sil says my niece takes advantage anytime she gives her a chance and my niece says its because she gets grounded for everything so why not enjoy the little freedom she has. I tell her trust is earned and she really needs to work hard to build that trust even if she thinks the expectations are unreasonable.
I'd never tell her to disobey her mom or that her mom is wrong. I listen to her and try to encourage her. And she has an open invitation whenever she needs a break or to just get out.
It's very unusual but DHs family tends to be very hands off raising their kids. My bil lived with us for a year just because he wanted to and my mil was happy to be rid of him. My niece was mostly with me when my sil worked but she has always taken every chance she had to be with me and I've never minded.
Locked Previous topicNext topic