Remembering past drama because of a thread

Anonymous 2

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:11 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:02 pm
RedBottoms wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:23 pm
Because they were. And they used the language barrier to act like they didn't understand when the nurses kept telling them to stop letting the kid run the halls.
That had to be it.
yep
Be sure to tell posters someone acknowledged that you had a point.

We all need to feel giddy 😉
sheramom4
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

QuantumNursing wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:45 pm
luvthagirl wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:46 pm
QuantumNursing wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:52 pm

Right now our hospital is no visitors under 12. Doesn't matter if grandma is dying or baby sis was just born. No visitors under 12. No exceptions .People are the most selfish pieces of trash over this rule. Always thinking they are special and the rules dont apply to them. We keep the cops busy having people removed. I feel like that there should be an extra punishment for doing sh*t like that at the hospital. DRIVES ME INSANE
In that case, it would be sad if a child parents were terminally ill or dying
Its always sad when someone dies. That's why we need to prevent as many deaths as possible. Sometimes that mean making hard decisions
If a child's parent is dying they should be able to say good-bye period. Throw a mask on the child and let them work through the situation. Not saying good-bye is known to cause trauma and issues later on in life.
Given the number of nurses, CNA's and even doctors who work while ill visitors are not the issue at most hospitals. It is staff bringing in secondary complications.
luvthagirl
Regent
Regent

Unread post

luvthagirl wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:54 pm
RedBottoms wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:32 pm

I wish they had that rule when I delivered. Some Hispanic family let their little boy run loudly up and down the maternity hall all day and night. The nurses were B*tch about it but it never stopped. They should have been kicked out.

The little brat almost ran smack into me where my c section scar was. I was told to walk the halls some and that kid almost killed me. I would have bleed out if he ran into my recent incision. DH had to jump in front of me.

He also could have knocked over the little wheel beds the newborns are moved around in.
Why did you feel the need to say the family was Hispanic?
Because they were. And they used the language barrier to act like they didn't understand when the nurses kept telling them to stop letting the kid run the halls.
Ok, I'm not Hispanic nor was I trying to jump to conclusion, just wanted an understanding. Thanks Red, that's what you call communication😀
luvthagirl
Regent
Regent

Unread post

MistressMonster wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:10 pm
QuantumNursing wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:52 pm

Right now our hospital is no visitors under 12. Doesn't matter if grandma is dying or baby sis was just born. No visitors under 12. No exceptions .People are the most selfish pieces of trash over this rule. Always thinking they are special and the rules dont apply to them. We keep the cops busy having people removed. I feel like that there should be an extra punishment for doing sh*t like that at the hospital. DRIVES ME INSANE
Staff wouldn't allow my then 4yr old grandson into Boompa's room before he passed away in ICU. He didn't meet the age requirement. I wish he could have saw him, but rules are rules.
Oh, I totally understand, I just think it's sad.
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

sheramom4 wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:20 pm
QuantumNursing wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:45 pm

Its always sad when someone dies. That's why we need to prevent as many deaths as possible. Sometimes that mean making hard decisions
If a child's parent is dying they should be able to say good-bye period. Throw a mask on the child and let them work through the situation. Not saying good-bye is known to cause trauma and issues later on in life.
Given the number of nurses, CNA's and even doctors who work while ill visitors are not the issue at most hospitals. It is staff bringing in secondary complications.
No they shouldn't. Once the order is given to restrict visitation then it MUST be respected by everybody. It is very sad that a child wouldnt be able to say "goodbye" . But that should not and could not trump keeping the patients in the hospital safe and also the community at large safe. We dont like having those restrictuons in place but sometimes we need to. Especially when its something as serious like the flu
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

luvthagirl wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:10 pm
MistressMonster wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:10 pm

Staff wouldn't allow my then 4yr old grandson into Boompa's room before he passed away in ICU. He didn't meet the age requirement. I wish he could have saw him, but rules are rules.
Oh, I totally understand, I just think it's sad.
It was. Just nothing I could do. I was also very good when they had the worry about him having c-diff while there, and the strict glove, gown, mask policy. Making sure people washed before going in, and donning on the gear, to after, and washing again.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Diamepphyre wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:15 pm
QuantumNursing wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:26 pm
Pjmm wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:15 pm

If a parent or grandparent is dying exceptions should be made. I understand folks being upset about that. I'd be too. Babies.. they'll get to meet their siblings soon enough.

No. Exceptions shouldnt be made. We need to protect ALL the patients at the hospital. The last thing any of these people need is to be exposed to secondary complications. Telling someone goodbye should not come before trying to get people well and keeping them alive.
So ONLY kids under 12 carry diseases that could harm other people? NOT! Age has nothing to do with health status.
The younger ones are germier. They sneeze and cough all over, wipe their nose with their hand, share toys, don't pay attention to washing hands. The older the kids get they're better at precautions. Plus they're not really sharing toys once they're over 12.

That's why kids in daycare seem to be sick so often. Germs keep passing back and forth. You can Lysol all you want, but someone's wiping snot off their face with their hand and touching someone or something else.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

This flu is no joke. A week ago tonight I lost one of my really good girlfriends. 3 weeks - gone. 57 years old and healthy. I'm petrified of my dad getting it this season. I'll be very relieved when it's passed.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Iffrinn
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

QuantumNursing wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:21 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:53 pm Our hospitals rules say this
Children under 12 years of age must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
Many hospitals change that during flu season
That's stupid. People over age 12 can certainly be carrying the flu.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

luvthagirl wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:54 pm
RedBottoms wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:32 pm

I wish they had that rule when I delivered. Some Hispanic family let their little boy run loudly up and down the maternity hall all day and night. The nurses were B*tch about it but it never stopped. They should have been kicked out.

The little brat almost ran smack into me where my c section scar was. I was told to walk the halls some and that kid almost killed me. I would have bleed out if he ran into my recent incision. DH had to jump in front of me.

He also could have knocked over the little wheel beds the newborns are moved around in.
Why did you feel the need to say the family was Hispanic?
I thought you're bilingual?
Locked Previous topicNext topic