Remembering past drama because of a thread

luvthagirl
Regent
Regent

Unread post

QuantumNursing wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:52 pm
MistressMonster wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:42 pm This is the reason why at certain times of the year hospitals put certain floors on lockdown. Because morons will insist on coming to visit while carrying any number of illness. Two of our local hospitals have the birthing centers on lockdown for anyone under age like 5 to come visit. Due to the flu issues.
Right now our hospital is no visitors under 12. Doesn't matter if grandma is dying or baby sis was just born. No visitors under 12. No exceptions .People are the most selfish pieces of trash over this rule. Always thinking they are special and the rules dont apply to them. We keep the cops busy having people removed. I feel like that there should be an extra punishment for doing sh*t like that at the hospital. DRIVES ME INSANE
In that case, it would be sad if a child parents were terminally ill or dying
luvthagirl
Regent
Regent

Unread post

MrsDavidB wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:33 pm
QuantumNursing wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:26 pm
Pjmm wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:15 pm

If a parent or grandparent is dying exceptions should be made. I understand folks being upset about that. I'd be too. Babies.. they'll get to meet their siblings soon enough.
No. Exceptions shouldnt be made. We need to protect ALL the patients at the hospital. The last thing any of these people need is to be exposed to secondary complications. Telling someone goodbye should not come before trying to get people well and keeping them alive.
Why is the cutoff 12? What is the difference of a 12 vs. 13 year old and do you require birth certificates to verify when a kid is visiting dying grandma?
Vaild question, airlines don't even ask for age verification
luvthagirl
Regent
Regent

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:32 pm
CotterpinDoozer wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:25 pm A friend of mine just had a baby. Her 5 and 3 year old weren't allowed to visit because where she delivered has a rule right now that no kids under a certain age (not sure of the cutoff age). No fit was thrown they just had to wait a couple days until they came home. It's for the safety of all.
I wish they had that rule when I delivered. Some Hispanic family let their little boy run loudly up and down the maternity hall all day and night. The nurses were B*tch about it but it never stopped. They should have been kicked out.

The little brat almost ran smack into me where my c section scar was. I was told to walk the halls some and that kid almost killed me. I would have bleed out if he ran into my recent incision. DH had to jump in front of me.

He also could have knocked over the little wheel beds the newborns are moved around in.
Why did you feel the need to say the family was Hispanic?
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

luvthagirl wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:46 pm
MistressMonster wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:42 pm This is the reason why at certain times of the year hospitals put certain floors on lockdown. Because morons will insist on coming to visit while carrying any number of illness. Two of our local hospitals have the birthing centers on lockdown for anyone under age like 5 to come visit. Due to the flu issues.
Right now our hospital is no visitors under 12. Doesn't matter if grandma is dying or baby sis was just born. No visitors under 12. No exceptions .People are the most selfish pieces of trash over this rule. Always thinking they are special and the rules dont apply to them. We keep the cops busy having people removed. I feel like that there should be an extra punishment for doing sh*t like that at the hospital. DRIVES ME INSANE
Staff wouldn't allow my then 4yr old grandson into Boompa's room before he passed away in ICU. He didn't meet the age requirement. I wish he could have saw him, but rules are rules.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

luvthagirl wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:46 pm
Its always sad when someone dies. That's why we need to prevent as many deaths as possible. Sometimes that mean making hard decisions
Deleted User 876

Unread post

QuantumNursing wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:26 pm
Pjmm wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:15 pm

Right now our hospital is no visitors under 12. Doesn't matter if grandma is dying or baby sis was just born. No visitors under 12. No exceptions .People are the most selfish pieces of trash over this rule. Always thinking they are special and the rules dont apply to them. We keep the cops busy having people removed. I feel like that there should be an extra punishment for doing shit like that at the hospital. DRIVES ME INSANE
If a parent or grandparent is dying exceptions should be made. I understand folks being upset about that. I'd be too. Babies.. they'll get to meet their siblings soon enough.

No. Exceptions shouldnt be made. We need to protect ALL the patients at the hospital. The last thing any of these people need is to be exposed to secondary complications. Telling someone goodbye should not come before trying to get people well and keeping them alive.
So ONLY kids under 12 carry diseases that could harm other people? NOT! Age has nothing to do with health status.
RedBottoms

Unread post

luvthagirl wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:54 pm
CotterpinDoozer wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:25 pm A friend of mine just had a baby. Her 5 and 3 year old weren't allowed to visit because where she delivered has a rule right now that no kids under a certain age (not sure of the cutoff age). No fit was thrown they just had to wait a couple days until they came home. It's for the safety of all.
I wish they had that rule when I delivered. Some Hispanic family let their little boy run loudly up and down the maternity hall all day and night. The nurses were B*tch about it but it never stopped. They should have been kicked out.

The little brat almost ran smack into me where my c section scar was. I was told to walk the halls some and that kid almost killed me. I would have bleed out if he ran into my recent incision. DH had to jump in front of me.

He also could have knocked over the little wheel beds the newborns are moved around in.
Because they were. And they used the language barrier to act like they didn't understand when the nurses kept telling them to stop letting the kid run the halls.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:23 pm

Because they were. And they used the language barrier to act like they didn't understand when the nurses kept telling them to stop letting the kid run the halls.
That had to be it.
cellomom26
Regent
Regent

Unread post

LOL, the dad to be needed support?

What a wuss!

He should try being a man and supporting his wife. The one who is having the baby, the actual patient.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:02 pm
RedBottoms wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:23 pm

That had to be it.
yep
Locked Previous topicNext topic