Welfare spin-off

Anonymous 11

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:35 pm
Dylexsmommy wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:59 pm I wonder how many of you support free college (gov't paid) and free healthcare for all (also gov't paid)
No I don't support those. Not everyone is college material. It would be wasting money to spend that on some people.

Now college paid for or partly paid for for good students that have proven themselves in school with grades and test scores-sure. That is kinda what we have but its still income based.

But not everyone is college material and would never pass the first semester.
So I get what you are saying in your post about everyone not being college material but I wonder how you'd go about that, I graduated hs with a 1.87 GPA, because I was bored. I am not proud of it at all but I went on to college and graduated with a bachelor's and an associate's degree with a 3.9 gpa. I think youd have to go on more than just high school performance and standardized testing though the standardized testing is the only reason I even got accepted to college.
Deleted User 1018

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:37 pm
MysticDreamer wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:44 pm
Diamepphyre wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:58 pm

It IS welfare to the extent that people get back more money than they ever paid in. I'm all for credits that reduce taxes to zero, but once it hits zero, that's where it should stop. NO ONE should be getting annual handouts off the backs of other hard-working taxpayers - and that's what it is, a handout.
Well, you know that is something our congress voted into existance. And until they decide to change it, I will take advantage of it.
and honestly I think that is fair. Like I am not going to NOT cash the earned income tax credit refund when we used to get those. I am going to take it if they hand it to me. I would have taken WIC if they handed it to me too.

But those are on another level than the people that make a career out of welfare programs. We all know they exist. We all probably know at least one person playing the system.

That is when you should be ashamed of yourself. Hand up-not hand out
I believe welfare entitlements is a necessary evil, because you are always going to have those people who are going to stand there with their hand out, working the system to their advantage. Why people want to live at the bottom of the barrel like that is beyond me. The times we used FS and wic, we were struggling big time. But we didn't want to stay in that hole, we dug out. And I think a good majority of people who find themselves in a tight spot who these programs, get out of that tight spot and dont ever look back.
RedBottoms

Unread post

MysticDreamer wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:32 am
RedBottoms wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:37 pm

Well, you know that is something our congress voted into existance. And until they decide to change it, I will take advantage of it.
and honestly I think that is fair. Like I am not going to NOT cash the earned income tax credit refund when we used to get those. I am going to take it if they hand it to me. I would have taken WIC if they handed it to me too.

But those are on another level than the people that make a career out of welfare programs. We all know they exist. We all probably know at least one person playing the system.

That is when you should be ashamed of yourself. Hand up-not hand out
I believe welfare entitlements is a necessary evil, because you are always going to have those people who are going to stand there with their hand out, working the system to their advantage. Why people want to live at the bottom of the barrel like that is beyond me. The times we used FS and wic, we were struggling big time. But we didn't want to stay in that hole, we dug out. And I think a good majority of people who find themselves in a tight spot who these programs, get out of that tight spot and dont ever look back.
Because sometimes they don't struggle. I have seen them with designer purses coming through the line and then buying $300 in groceries with food stamps. I pay for my own groceries and don't have a designer purse.

The ones that do that are usually the ones that claim to be poor single mothers but all along have a boyfriend giving them money. So its all profit for them at that point
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Great. That doesn’t make it not welfare.
Diamepphyre wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:58 pm
MysticDreamer wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:10 am I dont consider eitc welfare. It is a tax credit that is intended to help taxpayers out and to stimulate the economy. Many work and have taxes deducted, so they do pay taxes.
It IS welfare to the extent that people get back more money than they ever paid in. I'm all for credits that reduce taxes to zero, but once it hits zero, that's where it should stop. NO ONE should be getting annual handouts off the backs of other hard-working taxpayers - and that's what it is, a handout.
Anonymous 12

Unread post

I do not consider tanf to be welfare and that is only because it is the only one that does get paid back. Normally they take what you receive out of child support payments.
You've got a lot of learning ahead of you
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 12 wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:19 am
I do not consider tanf to be welfare and that is only because it is the only one that does get paid back. Normally they take what you receive out of child support payments.
You've got a lot of learning ahead of you
A lot of learning. Lmao i am almost 40
Anonymous 13

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:31 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:30 pm You can’t prove shit. I’m laughing at you.

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:30 am
It isnt my problem that your to lazy to look stuff up. You want proof then get off your ass and look for it yourself.
I know your wrong but i also know that you just want to argue. Let me guess bored housewife or bored sahm.
And im laughing at your level of laziness
She's probably on welfare.
Locked Previous topicNext topic