Grrr teens

Anonymous 1

Unread post

My son will be 16 in March. He says we treat him like a 6 year old why? Because i won't let him walk to the activity center. I won't let him walk there because i dont allow him to go there. It is in an area of town that is full of meth heads and drug dealers. The houses are old and run down. When we moved here i refused to move to that area. One store there was robbed 2 people shot, one dead about 4 months ago. It was a gang related robbery.
Another store has bars on the windows and the owner keeps a gun behind the counter . There is a park right down the street. i told him he can walk too. He says his friends can't come here because it is to far. I said well if i treat you like a 6 yr old i guess their parents do too. I won't let you walk there and their parents wont let them walk here. What's the difference? There is more to do at the park than there is to do at the activity center. And it's bigger. He was supposed to get his learner permits after he turned 15 but he never studied the book. If he would have, he would be getting his driver license at 16 but now he can't because he has to have his permit for 6 months first.

He says i treat him like a 6 yr old. But yet when he was in public school i let him walk home from school, now he does online school he does his school work independently and stay home while we work, alone. He doesn't have a bed time
And i do let him walk around just not to that area. all is stuff that i wouldn't allow a 6 yr old to do. I've already told him he can get a job when he is 16. We just had an argument about it. I guess we suck.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

If he's the way I was as a kid he's walking to the activity center. I had places I wasn't 'ahem ' supposed to go. I did anyway. They weren't drug areas. They were just high traffic areas not safe if one was bicycling. I'd come home at odd times or drive past the center. I'm a bit paranoid though.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:31 pm If he's the way I was as a kid he's walking to the activity center. I had places I wasn't 'ahem ' supposed to go. I did anyway. They weren't drug areas. They were just high traffic areas not safe if one was bicycling. I'd come home at odd times or drive past the center. I'm a bit paranoid though.
Im the kind of mom who has a tracking app on his phone and will check it randomly and if he isn't where he is supposed to be the gps will take me right to him and he knows it and he knows i will call randomly and if he doesn't answer he is grounded.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Oh he goes, you just don't know.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:38 pm Oh he goes, you just don't know.
Nope i have a tracking app 0n his phone and i check it randomly. He knows it plus i call him randomly if he doesn't answer he is grounded.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

I agree with everyone else, he's doing it anyway. You just don't know about it.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:39 pm
Nope i have a tracking app 0n his phone and i check it randomly. He knows it plus i call him randomly if he doesn't answer he is grounded.
Lol ok
Midnight_Storm
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Mdd was easy as a teen, odd was far from easy but never said I treated her like she was 6. I just got the “I hate you” “you’re ruining my life” “you’re so mean” and “none of my friends parents” thrown at me a few times a week. I’m dreading ydd’s teen years. She already says I’m over protective because I won’t let her chat with random players online. Don’t let it get to you. I tell mine if I don’t hear I’m mean or unfair at least once a week from one of my kids then I’m doing something wrong, lol.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:46 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:39 pm
Lol ok

The tracking app can take me directly to his location. Not all kids are sneakyl liars. If he was going already this conversation would have never came up.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Midnight_Storm wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:46 pm Mdd was easy as a teen, odd was far from easy but never said I treated her like she was 6. I just got the “I hate you” “you’re ruining my life” “you’re so mean” and “none of my friends parents” thrown at me a few times a week. I’m dreading ydd’s teen years. She already says I’m over protective because I won’t let her chat with random players online. Don’t let it get to you. I tell mine if I don’t hear I’m mean or unfair at least once a week from one of my kids then I’m doing something wrong, lol.
I heard the i hate you from my oldest at least once a week when she was a teen. I would say great that means im doing my job.
Locked Previous topicNext topic