"Love you mom and dad"

Anonymous 8

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:12 am I didn’t say they can’t have them, I said it’s weird. Guns are meant to kill things. Passing an item meant to kill to your children is absolutely bizarre in my mind.

And sure, protect yourself. But with a gun or maybe two. No one needs “a literal arsenal”. That’s such a redneck American thing.
RedBottoms wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:21 am
Anonymous 4 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:57 pm It’s really, really weird that people feel the need to own “a literal arsenal” of guns. Pretty f*ck up.

So they can't have their antique guns? They can't have their heirloom guns that have been passed down father to son for generations? They have some new guns too they like to target practice with for fun.

Since they have had to use the guns to protect themselves from wild animals and crazy rednecks that show up on their secluded property, they are needed.
But I agree it is f*ck up we live in a world where poachers threaten my mom on her own property so she had to pull a gun on them to make them leave.
How many do you consider an arsenal?
RedBottoms

Unread post

Anonymous 8 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:34 am
Anonymous 4 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:12 am I didn’t say they can’t have them, I said it’s weird. Guns are meant to kill things. Passing an item meant to kill to your children is absolutely bizarre in my mind.

And sure, protect yourself. But with a gun or maybe two. No one needs “a literal arsenal”. That’s such a redneck American thing.
So they can't have their antique guns? They can't have their heirloom guns that have been passed down father to son for generations? They have some new guns too they like to target practice with for fun.

Since they have had to use the guns to protect themselves from wild animals and crazy rednecks that show up on their secluded property, they are needed.
But I agree it is f*ck up we live in a world where poachers threaten my mom on her own property so she had to pull a gun on them to make them leave.
Half their guns are not really for use. They take care of them so they probably could work in a pinch. But they are the collector ones and sentimental ones. Then they have some new ones too. One gun doesn't serve all purposes.

You need handguns for personal protection and Target practice. You need shotguns and rifles for Hunting and long distance target practice.

I don't know much about guns but I know enough to know you need different types for different things obviously

You are probably not killing a deer with a tiny hand gun
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:33 am I didn’t say guns are meant to kill your children. I said they’re meant to kill, which they are.
Valentina327 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:48 am
Anonymous 4 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:31 am None of that makes it less shit-kicker. And part of the reason there’s a gun problem in America. No one should be hording guns.

So in your mind "guns are meant to kill your children" ? What?

Guns represent survival. Without guns we may not have even made it to today. Guns are meant to fend off predators and those that would do us harm. Guns are meant to provide a food source. Guns are meant to hold back tyranny.

Guns are not meant to "kill your children". That's a really warped view.
by Anonymous 4 » Today, 4:12 am

I didn’t say they can’t have them, I said it’s weird. Guns are meant to kill things. Passing an item meant to kill to your children is absolutely bizarre in my mind. <--- Oh but you did!!
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Anonymous 10

Unread post

It's sad. What's sadder is an adult is using her fear over a bomb threat to rant and rave about an unrelated topic. Shame on you.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:33 am I didn’t say guns are meant to kill your children. I said they’re meant to kill, which they are.
Valentina327 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:48 am
Anonymous 4 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:31 am None of that makes it less shit-kicker. And part of the reason there’s a gun problem in America. No one should be hording guns.

So in your mind "guns are meant to kill your children" ? What?

Guns represent survival. Without guns we may not have even made it to today. Guns are meant to fend off predators and those that would do us harm. Guns are meant to provide a food source. Guns are meant to hold back tyranny.

Guns are not meant to "kill your children". That's a really warped view.
Yes. Kill predators. Kill wild game for food. Kill criminals attacking you.

I see no problem with that killing
Countrygirl
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

YOU SAID IT WAS A BOMB THREAT.

YET YOU RANT ABOUT GUNS!!!!
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Mrs.ChuckBass wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:33 pm thats sad as hell.

its not just a 'gun nut' problem though, these school shootings are far more complex than just 'guns'

there is so much more contributing to it, including media and social media, video games, and death reminders which elevate mortality salience and aggression towards 'others'
depression in our youth is rising steadily, and a lot of people are also really isolated, despite all the ways we are connected, and the affects of all of this needs to be looked at

I am actually working on a research proposal paper right now, where we are looking at the media and social media etc and how death reminders in the media etc affect how we think, how we treat other people and even what be buy.

facebook has actually admitted to having done a study where they attempted to alter peoples moods via inserting a lot of negative and sad stories into their feeds to see if they could trigger depression, and it worked.
so now we have to look at the mediums such as Facebook and how they tailor the feed to the individual based off of these algorithms which determine your interests, therefore, a person who has mental health issues could hypothetically have newsfeed which is tailored to trigger an episode of psychosis.

there is a lot to look at, but the fact that the availability heuristics say our schools aren't safe, statistically speaking, they are.
but due to the mass coverage, and stories which are just...you're bombarded with all the bad our world has to offer via media, and it creates a level of anxiety in a person where you are EXPECTING bad things to happen, and that in itself has a negative affect on our mental health and physical health as well well as our purchasing patterns, and how we vote, which is what it all really boils down to in the end.
Canada, Britian and Australia also use social media. We are affected the same way by what we see on it as Americans are. There are two differences between America and the others. Ready and easy access to guns and lack of affordable mental health care.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Mrs.ChuckBass wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:54 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:43 pm
Mrs.ChuckBass wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:33 pm thats sad as hell.

its not just a 'gun nut' problem though, these school shootings are far more complex than just 'guns'

there is so much more contributing to it, including media and social media, video games, and death reminders which elevate mortality salience and aggression towards 'others'
depression in our youth is rising steadily, and a lot of people are also really isolated, despite all the ways we are connected, and the affects of all of this needs to be looked at

I am actually working on a research proposal paper right now, where we are looking at the media and social media etc and how death reminders in the media etc affect how we think, how we treat other people and even what be buy.

facebook has actually admitted to having done a study where they attempted to alter peoples moods via inserting a lot of negative and sad stories into their feeds to see if they could trigger depression, and it worked.
so now we have to look at the mediums such as Facebook and how they tailor the feed to the individual based off of these algorithms which determine your interests, therefore, a person who has mental health issues could hypothetically have newsfeed which is tailored to trigger an episode of psychosis.

there is a lot to look at, but the fact that the availability heuristics say our schools aren't safe, statistically speaking, they are.
but due to the mass coverage, and stories which are just...you're bombarded with all the bad our world has to offer via media, and it creates a level of anxiety in a person where you are EXPECTING bad things to happen, and that in itself has a negative affect on our mental health and physical health as well well as our purchasing patterns, and how we vote, which is what it all really boils down to in the end.
YOu don't live in the US. I do. Yes it is a gun nut problem. We cannot get sensible, comprehensive gun control because of hte f*ck 2nd amendment and the gun nuts thinks that means that they have a god given right to stockpile as many weapons, including military style weapons. If the automatic weapons ban hadn't expired in 2004, then Adam Lanza wouldn't have had that AR rifle to slaughter all those six year olds. James Holmes wouldn't have been able to pick off theater goers like fish in a barrell and Stephen Paddock wouldn't have been able to reign terror in Las Vegas by picking off concert goers from his hotel room.
and thats a very valid point, and as a Canadian I am appalled by the American gun culture, but there is more to it when it comes to school shootings.
guns don't kill people, people kill people.
why? how does a person do that?
why?
also, gun laws don't prevent things like this, especially when they differ state by state.

I agree, you guys need laws around guns and not everyone should have access to hand guns or military grade weapons, I agree completely, but......why are people killing each other in this way? why is it becoming more common?
theres more to it girl
And this is always my response when they start ranting about gun control. Anything can be turned into a weapon to cause mass casualties if that's what someone intends: cars, airplanes, timers, wire, fertilizer, cellphones.

Society has disintegrated so much so that everyone had been dehumanized. There is no interpersonal communication any longer - everyone's face is in their phone. Relationships aren't valued. People don't know how to communicate. There is no more family unit. Religion or G-d is a dirty word and shouldn't be talked about in public. It's now a right to be able to abort your full term baby, but it's not classed as murder. It's a right. Respect of your elders isn't taught any longer. Discipline is a thing of the past. We've been debased. We've been divided.

We live in a disposable society where instant gratification is the rule and life itself is disposable. That's what's wrong.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:10 am

Half their guns are not really for use. They take care of them so they probably could work in a pinch. But they are the collector ones and sentimental ones. Then they have some new ones too. One gun doesn't serve all purposes.

You need handguns for personal protection and Target practice. You need shotguns and rifles for Hunting and long distance target practice.

I don't know much about guns but I know enough to know you need different types for different things obviously

You are probably not killing a deer with a tiny hand gun
All you'd do is make it mad!
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Ask Red. She used the phrase.

Locked Previous topicNext topic