Do You Agree?

Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I do agree. But I dont think that changes much.
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

This. If corporations can get tax breaks and not do anything, I'm not going to look down on an individual.
Pjmm wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:12 pm Only if you say tax shelters for wealthy corporations are not entitlements. Idc who's entitled to what but lately I've felt our congress and president isn't entitled to a dime of taxpayer money especially after the shutdown. Yet we support the lousy bums and complain about the working poor taking what the government says they can have.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

I used to like Kevin. I can't stand him anymore. I have zero problems with WIC, SNAP, Section 8 housing, Welfare, Social Security or VA benefits.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

hotspice58 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:50 pm This. If corporations can get tax breaks and not do anything, I'm not going to look down on an individual.
Pjmm wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:12 pm Only if you say tax shelters for wealthy corporations are not entitlements. Idc who's entitled to what but lately I've felt our congress and president isn't entitled to a dime of taxpayer money especially after the shutdown. Yet we support the lousy bums and complain about the working poor taking what the government says they can have.
Look I understand the concern about people abusing the system or thinking welfare is their due. But if the programs are out there people have to be a saint to not use them. I do think you should work if you can but I'm not a saint. And if others don't like tax programs write congress people. But leave the recipients themselves alone.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Social security and VA benefits aren’t welfare. Just clarifying.
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:10 pm I used to like Kevin. I can't stand him anymore. I have zero problems with WIC, SNAP, Section 8 housing, Welfare, Social Security or VA benefits.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Why? It’s usually the recipients’ fault they’re on welfare.
Pjmm wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:00 pm
hotspice58 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:50 pm This. If corporations can get tax breaks and not do anything, I'm not going to look down on an individual.
Look I understand the concern about people abusing the system or thinking welfare is their due. But if the programs are out there people have to be a saint to not use them. I do think you should work if you can but I'm not a saint. And if others don't like tax programs write congress people. But leave the recipients themselves alone.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:04 pm Social security and VA benefits aren’t welfare. Just clarifying.
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:10 pm I used to like Kevin. I can't stand him anymore. I have zero problems with WIC, SNAP, Section 8 housing, Welfare, Social Security or VA benefits.
Republicans still want to cut them or do away with them.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:05 pm Why? It’s usually the recipients’ fault they’re on welfare.

Is it a corporations fault if they need a tax shelter? A government bailout? They get it no guilt involved. Do the congressmen deserve better healthcare than their constitutes get? And what my kids will pay back in debt is certainly more than they will in welfare. Idk about you but I've bigger worries than what an EIC recipient or a HUD renter does. Climate change and health care tops that list. Long as they're not committing fraud and they meet the criteria I'm not complaining. If I don't agree with the programs I write my representatives which others can do Also.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Okay, but that’s a separate topic.
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:09 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:04 pm Social security and VA benefits aren’t welfare. Just clarifying.
Republicans still want to cut them or do away with them.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Welfare and the defense budget are approximately tied for the largest government expenditures. I’d say that makes welfare worthy of concern.

I feel like you should get what you pay for: congresspeople can afford better medical care.

I don’t believe corporations should have the tax freedoms they do, but they’re providing jobs. If they go away, the country will be in worse shape, arguably.
Pjmm wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:28 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:05 pm Why? It’s usually the recipients’ fault they’re on welfare.

Is it a corporations fault if they need a tax shelter? A government bailout? They get it no guilt involved. Do the congressmen deserve better healthcare than their constitutes get? And what my kids will pay back in debt is certainly more than they will in welfare. Idk about you but I've bigger worries than what an EIC recipient or a HUD renter does. Climate change and health care tops that list. Long as they're not committing fraud and they meet the criteria I'm not complaining. If I don't agree with the programs I write my representatives which others can do Also.
Locked Previous topicNext topic