Why is Southwest Airlines so much more expensive

Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:25 am In my experience, it just really depends on the number of tickets & luck in fares.
Some airlines are more expensive than others for sure, but your experience is right. Regardless of the airline, the number of tickets sold and how close to the departure date all make the difference. I have paid $150 for a regional ticket, but sitting beside someone on the same flight that paid $380. Same for Caribbean vacations.
californiagirl83
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I fly almost exclusively on SW now, since they always seem to have the cheapest airfare. But it also really depends on the routes needed. And they've never lost any of my things. Can't say that about anyone else I've flown on.
Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I found them to be more expensive when we flew last too. I just went ahead and booked with American. We were perfectly happy with our flights.
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I’ve never noticed but I try to use Delta because I’ve never had a problem and the prices seem fine. Whatever you do don’t fly Spirit, lol. I made that mistake once. Never again!
Lolabearlow
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Their prices have been creeping up for about a year .

—-signed the travel agent who looks at this crap all day.
caustib
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

They are pretty cheap out of our airport to certain destinations. I think certain airlines focus on certain routes and are able to make those cheaper.
sarah824
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

We have always found Southwest to be cheaper for DH's flights, but we book well in advance and he tends to travel to/from locations that are "popular" for Southwest and I think that makes a difference. No bag fees makes a HUGE difference too!
Oliviasmom72
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Southwest doesn't charge for bags and you can change your flight without penalty, you just pay the fare difference. Add up all the fees with the checked bags and all the other BS fees.
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

We fly Southwest when we fly GENERALLY. We just got back from a Disney trip 2 weeks ago. When we first started pricing flights in august it was over $600 for us to fly. We waited until 30 days out and paid around $300 for round trip. Bags fly free on southwest and they still offer snacks. So they are our go to.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lolabearlow wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:37 am Their prices have been creeping up for about a year .

—-signed the travel agent who looks at this crap all day.
Ooh, travel agent. Now I'm tempted to ask you all my questions about booking unaccompanied minors.
Locked Previous topicNext topic