S/O do you attend 3rd 4th 5th weddings?

RedBottoms

Unread post

Spin off of the thread with the SIL's 4th wedding and them being expected to skip their child's baseball tournament for her 4th wedding.

Do you attend 3rd, 4th, 5th etc weddings? What do you think of them? Should a big of deal be made out of them as a first wedding?

One poster said that she would never skip a sister's wedding. But what if said sister has had like 5 weddings already!? Are you supposed to drop everything for her wedding that many F***ing times?!

For me, I will try to make a big deal for a first wedding and would put more effort into attending. For 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th etc weddings-I would attend if we are free-but I am not putting myself super out for that many weddings. I think its ridiculous to expect that of your family OVER AND OVER AND OVER just because you can't make a marriage stick.

Widows would be a different story and I would put more effort. But even in widow cases after the 3rd wedding do you really expect people to still care that much?

I just think it reeks of a bit of narcissism that people think they get that ONE special day OVER AND OVER AND OVER. And everyone should drop everything for it.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Yes, I do. It is something still important to my sister and who says this isn't the one that will last. I'm sure they didn't plan on getting divorced or widowed so many times.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I don't know.. I've never been faced with that situation. I only know 2 people that are divorced and both are divorced to due to their spouse cheating- my girls' Sensei and my mother. Everyone else has been married 10+ years that is in my life...most between 20-50+ years.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Can’t say I’ve been invited to one. It depends on what kind of wedding it is. If there’s food and drinks maybe I’d go. If it’s some lame afternoon event for someone I don’t really even like with no drinks, I’ll pass. Lol. Double pass if it’s outside, hot, and some potluck type bs. But I can honestly say I’ve never even been invited to a second wedding let alone a third or fourth. I think it’s really silly to even go all out on a second wedding. We didn’t even go all out on our first wedding. I figured we already live together and have a kid, that ship has sailed. Lol.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

The person who expects people to fall all over her on her birthday, call her, take her out places and throw a ticker tape parade ANNUALLY? And someone expecting family to come to a second wedding, a twice in a LIFETIME thing, and you're going to judge? LMAO

How can you be so unaware of yourself? SERIOUSLY

I don't think the second time bride is the narcissist in the room ...
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I've never been invited to one. I know someone that's been married many times but personally I've only been invited to the first. I've attended two gladly for my bff. Whatever people want to do with their wedding is their business. As for the baseball tournament coinciding with a wedding Idk what I'd do. I can't imagine my brother being so petty as to mess up an important trip.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I don't know anyone that has been married 3,4,5 times. Have I attended a second wedding? Yes. A lot of them.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Yes, I do.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:49 am The person who expects people to fall all over her on her birthday, call her, take her out places and throw a ticker tape parade ANNUALLY? And someone expecting family to come to a second wedding, a twice in a LIFETIME thing, and you're going to judge? LMAO

How can you be so unaware of yourself? SERIOUSLY

I don't think the second time bride is the narcissist in the room ...
Twice? I mostly brought up third or higher weddings. The spin off example was a 4th wedding. So no reason to stress 2nd.
RedBottoms

Unread post

MrsDavidB wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:13 am I don't know anyone that has been married 3,4,5 times. Have I attended a second wedding? Yes. A lot of them.
I have attended some second weddings too and they didn't bother me that much. But 4th? Yeah......
Locked Previous topicNext topic