Should insurances have to cover IVF or other fertility treatments?

Anonymous 3

Unread post

No. Elective procedures should not be covered. I don’t give a f**k who’s infertile.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Smarties wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:11 am No. As a person who also has PCOS, I make sure to work for a company that has good enough insurance that it covers some of that. I dont think it should be required for every insurance company.
You may have told me that before but I must have forgot. Sorry you have to deal with the bitch that is PCOS. :(
Libbylu2
Regent
Regent

Unread post

You made some excellent points! I’d rather help pay for this!
RedBottoms wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:13 am Some states have already made laws that insurances have to cover IVF and other infertility treatments. When we did infertility treatments our insurance did have a $20,000 lifetime max coverage. So we were able to get some help paying for everything. We still paid out thousands of our own money but it was applied to deductible and we got some costs negotiated down and it very much helped.

Should all states have to cover infertility treatment and make it a nationwide thing?

I am in support of it. My reasoning is we have to pay for a 400 pound person who got that way by overeating and not exercising to have open heart surgery. We have to pay for a drunk driver to get patched up after they drink drunk and wreck.. We have to pay for the drug addict to go to rehab.

And those people put themselves in that situation. Infertile people often did nothing wrong to cause their infertility. It just happened. I was only 23 when we started TTC. I did not even do the whole "You waited too long to start trying thing". I was young. But I had a genetic disease PCOS that causes infertility. Nothing I did wrong.

It bothers me a lot of pro life people don't support this more. You think if they cared about babies so much they would support this so people can have more babies. And so that babies are less likely to die from miscarriage. With infertility doctors helping me I was able to stop having miscarriages. Without their help-I would have had miscarriage after miscarriage after miscarriage.

What are your views?
Sportsmom
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

No.
Living my perfect life 💕
Libbylu2
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:15 am No. Elective procedures should not be covered. I don’t give a f*ck who’s infertile.
I do!
It’s heartbeaking to want to have a baby but suffer miscarriages or Infertility.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Libbylu2 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:28 am
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:15 am No. Elective procedures should not be covered. I don’t give a f*ck who’s infertile.
I do!
It’s heartbeaking to want to have a baby but suffer miscarriages or Infertility.
People that have not experienced miscarriages or infertility are often very unemphatic about it.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Heartbreaking isn’t reason for insurance to pay for electives. Adopt or save your money.
I do!
RedBottoms

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:32 am Heartbreaking isn’t reason for insurance to pay for electives. Adopt or save your money.
I do!
The same could be said for the 440 pound person who needs gastric bypass or open heart surgery. I could tell them "Its heartbreaking you ate yourself to this point but well save your money and stop eating".

You can apply that same logic to a million covered health problems
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I had two miscarriages. Your elective procedures shouldn’t be society’s responsibility. If my hypothetical nose job, etc. wouldn’t be covered, neither should your IVF.
RedBottoms wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:31 am
I do!
People that have not experienced miscarriages or infertility are often very unemphatic about it.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Those aren’t elective procedures.
RedBottoms wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:33 am
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:32 am Heartbreaking isn’t reason for insurance to pay for electives. Adopt or save your money.

I do!
The same could be said for the 440 pound person who needs gastric bypass or open heart surgery. I could tell them "Its heartbreaking you ate yourself to this point but well save your money and stop eating".

You can apply that same logic to a million covered health problems
Locked Previous topicNext topic