Do you assume they are paying?

Anonymous 1

Yes I told the dad when he picked my DD up that I rarely have cash but I came up with 10 bucks and he said that was fine. A lot of times the parent would say oh don't worry about it and not even take the cash, but he took the cash, which I am glad I didn't assume he was paying since his DD said he would. I realize she is 11 and could get things wrong.
Fullxbusymom wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:09 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:02 pm Like I said, even if I had time, I wouldn't do it. But I also had to feed my DD lunch and stuff to get ready. They asked if she could go about 30 minutes before they were leaving which is common for them.
Fullxbusymom wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:58 pm

How far is an ATM from you? I mean literally it would take me less than 10mins.
Then I would have explained upfront that I didn't have the cash. You do you, I would have done things differently *shrugs*
noitsmebecky
Duchess
Duchess

I usually Venmo or Apple Pay the price to cover him. Even if they don’t use it for his admission they can use it for some snacks for the kids or something.
“Nevertheless, she persisted.”
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Pick up the phone speak with the parents to confirm the plans and ask about the cost of the day. Easy peasy.
I would never assume an invite means someone else is paying. The DD could have orchestrated all of it without speaking with her parents until after the invite was sent out.
Anonymous 1

they have invited my DD to lots of things, but this was the 1st time there would be an actual cost, but yes, I could have called the dad....and he could have called me as well, but he had his DD deal with it all.
Lotus wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:09 am Pick up the phone speak with the parents to confirm the plans and ask about the cost of the day. Easy peasy.
I would never assume an invite means someone else is paying. The DD could have orchestrated all of it without speaking with her parents until after the invite was sent out.
Anonymous 1

I don't have either of those and the parents might not either.
noitsmebecky wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:31 am I usually Venmo or Apple Pay the price to cover him. Even if they don’t use it for his admission they can use it for some snacks for the kids or something.
Deleted User 969

I’d just Venmo the parents if I didn’t have the cash on me. That being said, I’d assume they’d pay, as they invited.
noitsmebecky
Duchess
Duchess

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:26 am I don't have either of those and the parents might not either.
noitsmebecky wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:31 am I usually Venmo or Apple Pay the price to cover him. Even if they don’t use it for his admission they can use it for some snacks for the kids or something.
They’re really easy to download and come really in handy when you have kids. Some of my kids friends parents didn’t have It initially, he was invited somewhere and I didn’t have any cash so I just said he if you download Venmo I can send it to you or give you some cash whenever you get back.

Easy solution for everyone.
“Nevertheless, she persisted.”
Deleted User 172

I would always send money. And if I didn't have any cash I would tell the parents I'll either venmo the $ or some other way to get it to them.
Locked Previous topicNext topic