Parental abuse/medical neglect

Proudmother5946
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

My ex Mil was in a car accident on Sunday and has been in the ICU until this morning. She was being transferred down to.a step down unit. She broke her nose, orbital socket, stitches in her head, generally banged up.

My sil went to see her and mil was in 4 point restraints and sedated. She decided in the middle of the night that she was going to go home.

Her hemoglobin dropped to 7 overnight so they were going to do another CT scan to check for bleeding.
Her son , my ex, shows up with his father, her ex husband.

Really angry, acting like my sil is stupid (She's a nurse) when she tried to explain about the CT scan. Also they were going to give her blood.
He's was saying how much of a hassle it was going to be to "load her up".

My sil left because she couldn't handle his b.s. anymore. She planned to go back up later.

I called and HE TOOk HER OUT OF THE HOSPITAL!!! The doctor advised against it, the nurses advised against it!
They told me everything. He told them she said she wanted to go home!
The nurse told me that she thought a referral was made to protective services.

I called and made one too. I also called the police department where she lives for a welfare check and his police department too.
I'm waiting to hear back. I'm afraid he's dumped her at her home alone. She's in no shape to care for herself.
She could be bleeding internally, she could fall.
He's a lunatic. Who does this to their own mother?
Catching up
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

Have you gone to her house? Called him?
Fly away like a bird
BlessedMommie88
Countess
Countess

Unread post

If I was SIL I would have left my lunatic brother alone with our mother. That is insane and so dangerous that he did that. I hope your ex MIL is okay and SIL can convince her to go back into the hospital until she is truly better to be discharged. Then I would make sure she is a privacy patient so your ex can’t find her if he calls the hospital they won’t tell him she is there or where.
Spookly
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Hope she's found and put back to hospital. How F***ing crazy. Poor lady :(
Update usssss
RedBottoms

Unread post

I can see why he is your ex
Proudmother5946
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

The police department where he lives checked with him and be told them she wasn't there.
Which means he dumped her at her home alone.
I called her house and he answered. Pissed because I called the police. Accused me and sil of "making everything up".
We have no reason to make anything up. Our concern was her condition.

I told him I was concerned but according to him I have no right to be. I said she is still Seeley's grandmother. He said we had replaced his mom with "another" grandmother in Hawaii! Bullshit. Yes she called my brothers ex in-laws grandma and grandpa but that's a Hawaiian thing.

I also pointed out that I call his mom all the time.
He thinks that because he signed s release that it's ok. The release makes him legally responsible for her condition. Also leaving AMA voids out her Iinsurance.

Adult protective services can handle it from here on out. They'll contact the hospital.
Her electrolytes were all off and she was on IV's for that too.

He'll go home soon because he has to work in the morning and she'll be on her own.
Proudmother5946
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

I can't go to her house. I'm in Kentucky and she's in Oklahoma.
AubreeGrace17
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

How terrible! Your ex sounds awful. I am a bit confused though. In some portions of the post you refer to her as sil, but then you use exmil and ex. So is this your ex sil that is the nurse?
CreamTop
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Holy crap 😱
i rise.....
Proudmother5946
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

My sil/ex sil was married to his brother who died about 3 years ago from cancer.They were already divorced but she ended up taking care of him because no one in his family would help.

My ex actually grabbed his dying brother by the neck and shoved him up against a wall because he said something he didn't like.
So you can understand our concern over our ex Mil. She should be in the hospital still.
My ex sil said he was acting very angry at the hospital. He treats his mom horribly. Won't answer her phone calls. Resents having to mow her yard etc.
Ex Mil now has no car. No way to get to the store. She's a fall risk right now because she's so weak.
Personally I don't care what he thinks of me. Her acting paranoid like someone is out to get him. Doctors are stupid etc. If something bad happens to her it will be on him. I tried protecting her.

I called him a son of a bitch and hung up on him.
Locked Previous topicNext topic