Anyone know any quiet games?

Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My husband has been away for the past week on a work trip, he stayed a couple extra days to go climbing with some friends. A couple days ago he woke up feeling awful, luckily his work obligations were all done, but he did miss out on climbing. He went to an urgent care today and they say he has the flu. He's coming back tonight so we're going to my parent's to camp out in the living room until he's not contagious anymore. Hopefully, I get some sleep sharing a room with five kids and a dog. Cross your fingers that he has a speedy recovery. Anyone know any fun, quiet, games to keep the kids distracted? We have a bunch of board and card games, but something new would be fun.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

The best children’s games are made by Gamewright, Lena.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

:lol: benadryl pong :lol:
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Lena, you could always whip out the wooden games that you made the kids for that Trans-Siberian Railway trip you took.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Have you tried the abc game. My kids LOVE this game and the best part is you don't need anything to play.

Your kids take turns like from oldest to youngest and you say okay Abc game with only animals. You say A and point to the oldest and then the oldest has to say a animal that starts with the letter A like alligator. They you say b and point to the next child and they have to say a animal that starts with B like bear. And so on and so forth until someone messes up and can't think of anything.

And you can mix it up and say abc game with only vegetables or only things in this room.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Why would you leave the house? Just quarantine him to the room.

Other then that. I prefer things that wear the kids out.
RedBottoms

Unread post

I would just keep him quarantined to the bedroom and the rest of the house would be for me and the kids. Does the master have its own bathroom? Then it should be fine.

Does your parent's house not have a yard the kids can play in? Can you not take the kids to go see a movie or something?

Why do the games have to be quiet? My kids are loud at my mom's house. She doesn't care. She lets them ride tricycles and shit through the house.

Card games like Old Maid are a big hit with us. They also like Go Fish and Speed and War.

Board games we like are King of Tokyo, Connect 4, Guess Who, Trouble, Sorry, Ticket to Ride, One Night a Werewolf and Ghost fighting Treasure Hunters. I would not say we are quiet though. We get loud playing games but that is what makes it fun
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

LuckyEightWow wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:07 pm Why would you leave the house? Just quarantine him to the room.

I have two kids under two and my seven year old has asthma, we don't want to risk it. They'll be plenty worn out from their extra curriculars, I'm looking for things to calm down with at the end of the day since we won't have their usual toys around.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:16 pm I would just keep him quarantined to the bedroom and the rest of the house would be for me and the kids. Does the master have its own bathroom? Then it should be fine.

Does your parent's house not have a yard the kids can play in? Can you not take the kids to go see a movie or something?

Why do the games have to be quiet? My kids are loud at my mom's house. She doesn't care. She lets them ride tricycles and shit through the house.

Card games like Old Maid are a big hit with us. They also like Go Fish and Speed and War.

Board games we like are King of Tokyo, Connect 4, Guess Who, Trouble, Sorry, Ticket to Ride, One Night a Werewolf and Ghost fighting Treasure Hunters. I would not say we are quiet though. We get loud playing games but that is what makes it fun
I have two kids under two and my seven year old has asthma, we don't want to risk it. Even if he stayed in the bedroom, that doesn't necessarily mean that it won't spread. They have a yard, but it's a giant puddle right now because of all of the snow melting so we're limiting it to before their showers. My grandparents live with my parents. They don't have to whisper and tip toe, but I'm not letting them be loud, tearing through the house, either.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:51 pm
LuckyEightWow wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:07 pm Why would you leave the house? Just quarantine him to the room.

I have two kids under two and my seven year old has asthma, we don't want to risk it. They'll be plenty worn out from their extra curriculars, I'm looking for things to calm down with at the end of the day since we won't have their usual toys around.
Doesn’t change my answer. I have 8, we just stuck the sick one/s in a corner, followed basic hygiene and it was never an issue. I can’t imagine leaving the house because someone is sick.
Locked Previous topicNext topic