Do you tell your SO everything?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I’ve never had a relationship like this before. I’ve always been with men who hold back and are too manly to discuss all kinds of things. But my new SO and I discuss all kinds of things that we’ve never discussed with anyone else before. I know all about his past wild behavior and thoughts. And he knows me way too well. The best part is we discuss S*x a lot and it’s created an incredible S*x life between us.

He’s my best friend with incredible benefits. He’s so not perfect. but he’s the kindest sweetest man I’ve ever known. I’m going to marry him even though I never thought I would again!
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

When it comes to our relationship, the kids or how I am personally doing, I tell him everything. When things are sensitive, I watch how I approach some topics, but I don't hold anything back.

There is one exception to this though; when he is deployed. The last thing he needs to be worried about is something that is wrong at home. So when he is deployed, I may hold back worrying details of something I am dealing with, but nonetheless, he is told about it.
Poietes
Regent
Regent

Unread post

For the most part. I mean we've been together for 19 years since our freshman year of college. We've experienced most of our lives together. Although he has a tendency to "forget" to tell me about things that are happening. "Oh by the way we're going to my parents for supper tonight" "Oh by the way I have to go to Colorado for for in two days" Oh yeah? When did you find out? "Oh last week"

Ah, drives me crazy. His mom now just tells me everything instead of him because she knows how it is, apparently he gets it from his father. lol.

Op, I'm so glad your finally have a loving open relationship.
”Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”
owl0210
Countess
Countess

Unread post

We’re pretty open with each other but if a friend or family member tells me something in confidence then I wouldn’t disclose that to my husband. He doesn’t need to know everything.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Almost, there are just a couple skeletons that stay dust-covered in my closet, BUT after 22 years of a relationship, I don’t think we need to be brushing them off now, lol.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

No. He doesnt need to know my every waking thought, it might overload his brain and cause a short circuit, hehe
He knows the important things not the trivial
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

There is only one thing I have not told him and that's because the person asked me to keep it a secret.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

After almost 28 years together I'm pretty sure he knows everything about me. There are no secrets in our family.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Anonymous 3

Unread post

almost 26 yrs together and he knows pretty much everything about me. i can tell it bothers him if i talk about past boyfriends before him so i don't really bring that up now (although i haven't in many years).
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

We pretty much tell each other everything unless it's something that a friend or whoever has asked to keep in confidence. We've been married for 23 years and there's nothing to hide. We know each other so well that often we can know what the other one is thinking without saying a word. That can be a good or a bad thing lol.
Locked Previous topicNext topic