I guess I’m more of an asshole than I thought....

Anonymous 1

Unread post

My gym is in a cute downtown area with lots of little shops, restaurants, and professional offices that has a lot of people walking around most of the time. Many of the members of my gym are SAHMs, so the 8:30 & 9:30 classes tend to be packed and many members park on the street or in the municipal parking lot across the street since the gym’s parking lot is quite small.

Everyone that goes to the gym will stop and wave fellow members across the street, but most will all but rundown pedestrians trying to cross the street that aren’t members. Today I realized that I was that person after stopping twice to wave gym members across the street and then driving right past a couple that clearly wanted to cross the street. Yep, I’m an asshole, but next time I’ll remember to stop!
owl0210
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Great
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

You are just now realizing this? Wow.
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Meh. Letting two different people or crowds of people cross is plenty. Otherwise you’ll sit there all day.
RedBottoms

Unread post

If there is not a crosswalk you don't have to stop for them to cross the street. They need to go to a crosswalk to cross or wait for the light etc.

But if you are going to stop I would not care if it was for a gym member or a non gym member
Anonymous 1

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:33 am If there is not a crosswalk you don't have to stop for them to cross the street. They need to go to a crosswalk to cross or wait for the light etc.

But if you are going to stop I would not care if it was for a gym member or a non gym member
I think it’s one of those things where you’re just more likely to be extra courteous to people you know than to strangers.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

EarlGrayHot wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:21 am You are just now realizing this? Wow.
When I’m downtown I drive slowly and almost always let everyone cross since there tends to be a lot of people walking with young kids. But today I was an asshole. At least I recognized it and plan to address it.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

You keep track of members? I don't. I recognize two. A third i know outside the gym. Of the other two one is obviously disabled and the other is very heavy. I secretly applaud both of them going. Otherwise I wouldn't know a member of my gym if she smacked me.
flowerfunleah
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Do you live in Colorado?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:56 am You keep track of members? I don't. I recognize two. A third i know outside the gym. Of the other two one is obviously disabled and the other is very heavy. I secretly applaud both of them going. Otherwise I wouldn't know a member of my gym if she smacked me.
It’s always the same women in the 8:30/9:30 classes and I’ve been going there for years. When I was younger and always worked out on my own or with my personal trainer I didn’t know anyone at my gym lol.
Locked Previous topicNext topic