Anyone else do this

carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Gave their babies tiny tastes of things?

It's mostly for reaction but I have.

Recently I gave the baby a tiny taste of chocolate frosting. He had this look like OMG WHERE HAS THIS BEEN MY ENTIRE LIFE? when I did lol.

Everyone in my family has done this with their babies. No one has any health issues or allergies before anyone goes there.
Mrs.ChuckBass
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

yes I have, just a taste! lol and its supposed to be good for them actually to have some exposure to possible allergens apparently
CandTmom
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My son weighed 11 pounds at birth. I fed him ground up oatmeal right away. I never have been a fan of kids and sugar so no sweets.
cellomom26
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Cute story!

I wished my kid would have been interested in regular foods. He barely tolerated one taste of baby food at 8 months.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Don't. Pediatricians do not recommend it. A-you don't know what kind of food allergies the child has so you are only supposed to introduce one new food at a time so if they have a reaction you will know to what it is. And B-if you get kids used to sweet tastes early on they are more likely to reject things like vegetables. Your baby has the rest of his life to eat sweets. Why start so early?! He should only be on breastmilk at this point
RedBottoms

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:50 pm Gave their babies tiny tastes of things?

It's mostly for reaction but I have.

Recently I gave the baby a tiny taste of chocolate frosting. He had this look like OMG WHERE HAS THIS BEEN MY ENTIRE LIFE? when I did lol.

Everyone in my family has done this with their babies. No one has any health issues or allergies before anyone goes there.
and the allergy thing is bullshit. I know plenty of people with food allergies and no one else in their family ever had them before. They can come out of nowhere sometimes.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I did with my first. His pediatric gi told me not to with my second because it can mess up their system so she had nothing but breastmilk until 6 months.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Mrs.ChuckBass wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:51 pm yes I have, just a taste! lol and its supposed to be good for them actually to have some exposure to possible allergens apparently
I was actually reading a study out of England I think that a lot of babies there don't have allergies like we do in the U.S. because parents expose them earlier to different foods. That's not to say they give their 1 month old peanut butter but they don't follow the *rules* we seem to have here where they recommend waiting on things like PB until the child is a year old.
Thunderbug75
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Your baby is practically a newborn right? I wouldn't give that young of a baby a taste of anything except formula or breast milk.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:02 pm I did with my first. His pediatric gi told me not to with my second because it can mess up their system so she had nothing but breastmilk until 6 months.
https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... -eat-study
Locked Previous topicNext topic