Would this bother you? Update. You guys were right!

Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I'd keep my distance from that. If he backs off a little, I might see where it goes from there. But that's too much.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Bubbs wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:58 pm
Dylexsmommy wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:55 pm
MonarchMom wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:36 pm

Only a few days ago? In that case, you may be attracted, you may think his FB photos are nice, but you really do not know he is "obviously a great dad". Anyone can look good in a few photos, and anyone can have things to talk about when you are brand new to each other.

I would not want anyone waking me at 2:30 in the morning unless the house is on fire. That, to me, sounds juvenile and needing too much attention.

Give it at least a few months of neutral observation - meaning not wanting him to be "great" and wanting him to "have a ton in common." Only be observing under many circumstances and with detachment will you get to know this guy.
I get it, thank you. I'm kind of nervous honestly. I don't want to spend another Saturday night at home alone when I don't have my kids though.
I’m actually looking forward to it! I have Friday plans with friends. And Saturday alone, with leftovers and Netflix. I have had Saturday nights that were awful though. Not awful enough that I’ll date though
*hugs* I did this for a year after my separation. I loved it. Aren't you going on a solo vacation soon? I definitely recommend it.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Smarties wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:59 pm I'd keep my distance from that. If he backs off a little, I might see where it goes from there. But that's too much.
Yeah I'm starting to think so too.

It's a bit chilling.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:06 pm
Bubbs wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:58 pm

I get it, thank you. I'm kind of nervous honestly. I don't want to spend another Saturday night at home alone when I don't have my kids though.
I’m actually looking forward to it! I have Friday plans with friends. And Saturday alone, with leftovers and Netflix. I have had Saturday nights that were awful though. Not awful enough that I’ll date though
*hugs* I did this for a year after my separation. I loved it. Aren't you going on a solo vacation soon? I definitely recommend it.
Not until November, I’m supposed to go on a cruise. I’ll put the deposit down next week
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:19 pm I met this guy that seems great. Handsome, sweet, obviously a great dad to his daughter. He says he and baby momma are cordial and share 50/50 custody (If it gets serious with him I know this'll end up being a small issue). We have a ton in common and always have something to talk about.
But, and this is what kind of bothers me. We met only a few days ago and he seems really attached already.
He texted me at like 2:30 this morning saying he just woke up from a dream about me.
What do you think?
Is this something I should be concerned about?
Attachments
red flagtenor (28).gif
red flagtenor (28).gif (43.46 KiB) Viewed 73 times
LightFarHornedviper-max-1mb.gif
LightFarHornedviper-max-1mb.gif (16.29 KiB) Viewed 73 times
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:50 pm
famousglm714 wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:36 pm
Dylexsmommy wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:33 pm

I kind of get this feeling too. I'm ready to date, not a boyfriend/relationship.
Too many fish in the sea to pick one. And it feels like he's already picked.
Maybe I should run.
At the very least have someone on call to call with an emergency if I need it.
I ran into that when I was just trying to ho around and have fun, lol. I was like no, no, no I am not looking for a relationship outside of the one with your penis. Some guys don't appreciate that it turns out.
Girl Please!
They don't like that at ALL!
I just want to whore around, I just want to meet people and have some fun, go on some dates while I work on myself. Is it really too much to ask for?
oh and then on top of all that D texted me a few nights ago flipping out about how I said I regretted my relationship with him, then got all pissy when he found out I was seeing people.
Ugh, stupid men.
More trouble than they’re worth sometimes.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:36 pm
Dylexsmommy wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:19 pm I met this guy that seems great. Handsome, sweet, obviously a great dad to his daughter. He says he and baby momma are cordial and share 50/50 custody (If it gets serious with him I know this'll end up being a small issue). We have a ton in common and always have something to talk about.
But, and this is what kind of bothers me. We met only a few days ago and he seems really attached already.
He texted me at like 2:30 this morning saying he just woke up from a dream about me.
What do you think?
Is this something I should be concerned about?
Only a few days ago? In that case, you may be attracted, you may think his FB photos are nice, but you really do not know he is "obviously a great dad". Anyone can look good in a few photos, and anyone can have things to talk about when you are brand new to each other.

I would not want anyone waking me at 2:30 in the morning unless the house is on fire. That, to me, sounds juvenile and needing too much attention.

Give it at least a few months of neutral observation - meaning not wanting him to be "great" and wanting him to "have a ton in common." Only be observing under many circumstances and with detachment will you get to know this guy.
I can totally understand that. Hope you enjoy getting back into dating and meeting new people. I liked taking classes to meet people, but that doesn't always line up with when you have child care.
Locked Previous topicNext topic