I just need to keep my mouth shut

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I can't take the negativity.Its EVERY little thing..all the time.

I have depression and some other mental health issues that kept me home for YEARS.On welfare...depressed waiting to die..suicidal ..no passion for anything.

I decided to go back to school to be a social worker .It just jumped out at me. My mother yelled at me for going to school said i should stay home with my kids and it's selfish to go back when they are disable. (They are 11 and 13 years old) I ignored her and signed up anyway.Im now on my final semester for my associates degree.

She really had a fit when i got my license.She said I would kill my kids driving its too dangerous.I'm too immature to drive.( I was 31!)My kids aren't dead.

She loved to call me a welfare mother...never have a job...Im a broke My food stamps were recently cut and i still struggled with money so i wanted to signup for doordash for just some extra food money .She yelled at me about that said im too clumsy.I can't do it. I SHOULDN'T do it. My aunt also told me not to do it.I actually waited several weeks because I was extremely nervous about it because they put all this bad stuff in my head.

I went on my first delivery and it wasnt bad at all.I got the hang of it quickly and earned $400 in 3 days.I was ELATED.

First thing I did was buy my son some quality sneakers he really wanted.They were on sell for $100.He was so excited and told my mom and she told him kids are going to beat him up and take them from him and im stupid for buying him the shoes.

Its just negativity no matter what I do!!! I was so proud to walk in that store and buy him something from money that I earned.Im able to give them money for field trips and not have to say no to everything.I finally can buy some new clothes and feel good about myself and my mother keeps putting me down.

Now she says I do doordash too much and im going to fail my classes.Classes havent started yet they start on friday!I intern monday & tuesday .Why cant i dash afterwards? My other classes are on Sunday and Wednesday so my schedule is flexible.I designed it like that for a reason.

Now I feel i should just keep my mouth shut about EVERYTHING .She calls constantly so if im doordashing she bitches...I just want to save this money and give my kids a better life
Verrine
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Stop listening to your mother! Don't answer the phone when she calls. You will feel much better and will be able to accomplish more.

I'm glad you're trying to improve your life.
Spunky
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I'm not one to turn my back on or cut out family but she'd be on very limited contact. Like holidays and birthdays only. I wouldn't answer any other time. You are right to take control and better your life and the lives of your children. She has prevented you from success and the wonderful things that come with that long enough. You do you girl and tell momma you'll see her at Christmas!

Good job BTW.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

No you need to tell your mother and your aunt to shut their cunty pie holes and cut them out of your life. And you need to be more fiscally conservative and not spend $100 on a pair of sneakers. If the kid needs sneakers there are cheaper ones at Payless or even Target or Walmart.
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I'd tell her to f**k off. It sounds like you're strong enough on your own and don't need her bs.
RedBottoms

Unread post

So how old are you? I am assuming you are a fully grown woman right? So why are you letting your mother know about every little thing you do in your life? First of all you can stop the info train right now. If you don't tell her things about your life-she can't make negative comments about them. Stop telling her things.

Secondly, if someone is always bringing nothing but negativity to your life-that person becomes what we call "Toxic". And its best to cut toxic people out or very very much limit contact with them. So if your mother brings more bad than good into your life-its time to limit contact.

You have to be secure in your own adult and mothering decisions. So stop sharing so much with your naysaying mom and when she says something negative tell her "Mom your opinion or input is not needed or wanted. I am the parent of these children, not you. If you continue to second guess me and criticize me you will be put on a long time out" and then follow through if need be
Deleted User 172

Unread post

You need to stop telling people your goals.
You'll accomplish more if it's just for you and not to meet other people's expectations of who you are.
Be afraid of who they want you to be.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

You are the crazy car lady, right?
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:13 am You are the crazy car lady, right?
Yes
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:13 am You are the crazy car lady, right?
I'm not crazy and the car hasn't given me any trouble since octoberish i believe..the last issue was the serpentine belt snapping .and the brakes going out a week prior to that but its running fine for now.I'm getting a new car in April.I'm saving!
Locked Previous topicNext topic