Everyone at work hates me now and I dont really care

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Management has "demanded" that I start taking some vacation days. I have worked here over 20 years and have rarely taken vacations. I have a ton of days accumulated. I think the company is worried about "cashing it out" when I retire.

They asked me nicely to take some time off and then they told me too and now they are pestering me to do it. Honestly it isnt a bad idea to not be working as much. I decided to take off every Monday for the rest of the year. I also took a couple weeks off in the summer. I just figured why not give myself long weekends.

Everyone besides management hates me now. More than one person can be off at a time but you cant have a bunch of people off at once. Taking a long weekend (by taking monday off) is pretty popular. I have watched people do it for years and years and I have never done it myself. I have also covered for every single one of them in the past so I dont feel bad for them.

I am going to enjoy my 3 day weekends and they can all get over it.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Why post or even think about it, if you really don't care ?
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lol, I agree enjoy you week-ends. I bet hate is a strong word, envy is better and they will get over it!
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Your vacation days are your time. You can use them however you want. We have use it or lose it vacation days. I've already scheduled 2 vacations this year. Only use about 10% of my days. Gonna save 1 week for kid emergencies and that leaves 2 more weeks of unplanned vacations.

Screw everybody else.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Why post about it if you don't care? It's kind of a dick move hogging every single Monday but I guess that's your prerogative.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

I have a hard time believing that is why everyone hates you although laying claim to every Monday off for a year is a very lousy thing to do. There is probably a lot more to the story.
Superbutt
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

awesome! enjoy your days off!!
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

ok
Midnight_Storm
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

They’ll live. I always think it’s funny when people get annoyed over petty stuff. I’m guilty of occasionally doing that too but its still funny to me. Enjoy your time off. I would have taken Fridays off, lol.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I know you have the right to do it, but I also understand why they are annoyed.
Locked Previous topicNext topic