ETA Girl, I love you but you’re F***ing helpless....

RedBottoms

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:33 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:43 pm
Nopeville wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:40 pm Meh, maybe she is, maybe she isn't. If someone is willing to come pick up one of my kids and take them out, I'm all for it. I'll stay home with my other monsters and a glass of wine, even if DH is home.

Maybe she works more than you outside the home. Maybe she just has more kids or her kids have more activities than yours. Maybe she's just used to having more help. Anyway, it's not something to be all judgy about.
We have the same number of children and I work. She doesn’t.
Okay then just say no and roll your eyes at the phone. It's what I would do. Like others said some people aren't very self sufficient and maybe she's one of them.
yes but people should probably have some shame about their lack of self sufficiency or at least not be pissy when someone mocks them for it. I cannot imagine having a nanny and still not being able to function alone with my kids. Lord.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

The post and some of the responses are so catty.

Either you have the time & motivation to pick up her DS OR you don't have the time or motivation to pick up her DS? Why must it become a superiority contest? If anything, wouldn't you feel sorry for her kids having a mother that has such a low energy level or ability to multi-task?
Deleted User 638

Unread post

Nopeville wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:40 pm Meh, maybe she is, maybe she isn't. If someone is willing to come pick up one of my kids and take them out, I'm all for it. I'll stay home with my other monsters and a glass of wine, even if DH is home.

Maybe she works more than you outside the home. Maybe she just has more kids or her kids have more activities than yours. Maybe she's just used to having more help. Anyway, it's not something to be all judgy about.

So?
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:44 am

Okay then just say no and roll your eyes at the phone. It's what I would do. Like others said some people aren't very self sufficient and maybe she's one of them.
yes but people should probably have some shame about their lack of self sufficiency or at least not be pissy when someone mocks them for it. I cannot imagine having a nanny and still not being able to function alone with my kids. Lord.
I don't understand the need to mock her or shame her because she needs a nanny. Yes she should be more self sufficient but she's not. Some need more help than others and as long as she can afford the nanny whatever. She's lucky and her dh sounds wonderful you ask me. Sure I would be annoyed that she is asking me to go out of my way but all I have to do is say yes or no. And wish that I had her dh lol.
Nopeville
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

So, she's smarter than you. She delegates things to other people, so? It's better than acting like she's special because she runs herself ragged doing it all herself. Too bad not everyone feels the need to pretend she's super mom.
Nopeville
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Why? Not everyone needs to pretend they're super mom. Her house runs differently than yours or or OP's. It doesn't make yours better. Things obviously go just fine most of the time. Everyone has days where things don't go the way they want and they get overwhelmed. Mentioning that doesn't make her weak or a bad parent.
Nopeville
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:04 am

I don't understand the need to mock her or shame her because she needs a nanny. Yes she should be more self sufficient but she's not. Some need more help than others and as long as she can afford the nanny whatever. She's lucky and her dh sounds wonderful you ask me. Sure I would be annoyed that she is asking me to go out of my way but all I have to do is say yes or no. And wish that I had her dh lol.
Hell, I can do everything myself no problem, but I'd love a nanny some days and my kids are tweens. 😂
RedBottoms

Unread post

Nopeville wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:17 am

Why? Not everyone needs to pretend they're super mom. Her house runs differently than yours or or OP's. It doesn't make yours better. Things obviously go just fine most of the time. Everyone has days where things don't go the way they want and they get overwhelmed. Mentioning that doesn't make her weak or a bad parent.
Agreed that everyone has off days. But I am getting the sense this is more that she is one of those moms I knew at the daycare that literally never were alone with their kids. They left them at the daycare all day and then had a nanny for nights and weekends.

We had a few like that and they admitted they never could handle their kids alone. And that is ridiculous
RedBottoms

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:04 am

And I would not come get her kid either then. Why should I do more work when I don't even have a nanny?
madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Reedusstalker wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:40 am I don't understand. She is very busy and doesn't have the time to drop her kid off for a playdate at the drop of a hat and you think she is helpless?
Right? I have 5 kids. One on cheer, one in basketball, one in a mucical, and 4 in chorus. Some of us are busy!
i want candy!
Locked Previous topicNext topic