Her things are gone

Anonymous 2

Unread post

i pick my battles and thats a battle that i dont fight that hard.
RestingBitchFace13
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I did that 3 years ago and my kids make messes with clothes and blankets 😞
leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:41 pm i pick my battles and thats a battle that i dont fight that hard.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I would have done that after the second time she refused to keep her room clean.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I don't know. I think people are just naturally tidy or naturally messy. Like a personality thing. I choose not to fight it in my kids. As long as there's not food or anything else in there that could grow stuff, I'm good.

I always had a messy room as a kid. All the way through my teen years and yes even into adulthood. I like having a clean house, but I just don't always have the willpower for a clean house. But I know if I'm going to keep it nice it's going to come from within. When I was a kid, no amount of threatening or punishment would've done any bit of good.

Good luck on your hill.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Its an important skill and lesson for her to learn. Keep on her and hopefully she'll learn.
luvthagirl
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Sorry, but I seriously don't even understand or personally know a parent that was not able to get their kids to do simple age appropriate chores
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:41 pm i pick my battles and thats a battle that i dont fight that hard.
Yep. That’s why they can’t have food or a drink other than water upstairs lol
Anonymous 5

Unread post

luvthagirl wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:40 pm Sorry, but I seriously don't even understand or personally know a parent that was not able to get their kids to do simple age appropriate chores
You can’t be serious. You’ve never known anyone that had trouble getting a 3 year old to pick up her blocks? Bullshit.
mrsjules79
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

My mom's rule and mine as well was that there can't be dirty clothes on the floor, no food/wrappers should be in the room and there has to be a clear walkway to the bedroom door and to her window in case of an emergency. Aside from that, not a hill I wanted to die on. If something got broken because it got stepped on, not my problem. When DD was little her room was typically always a disaster. She'd let it get so bad and then get overwhelmed and would be willing to clean and go through toys to get rid of with my help. A switch flipped around 12 or so and she became a complete neat freak. So much that if I haven't done all the floors that very day she'd say the house was dirty. Her apartment is always spotless but 600 sq ft is a lot easier to keep clean than a 2000 sq ft house.
Locked Previous topicNext topic