I can't believe how many are saying they are keeping their kids home tomorrow.

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I live in the north we are used to cold and snow 6 months out of the year. Tomorrow it's supposed to be -25 and windy. Many are saying they are keeping their kids home if the school doesn't at least delay which they probably won't. It takes a few mins to walk from our house to the road especially when the driveway is all iced over. So we will have to stand outside waiting for the bus and yes we will be cold. I guess I just don't get it. Would you not send your kid to school because it was cold out?
Deleted User 670

Unread post

I drove my kid to school since the school didn't offer transportation. So unless the school was closed because the furnace couldn't keep up with the cold, she'd go to school. Unless the roads were icy then the school would be closed anyway.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

-25 is beyond cold. I would not go out and I would not expect my kids to go out in it either. I avoided it as much as possible when I was living in North Dakota. It is inhuman to go out in that crap.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

My kids can’t walk to school, and I’m a cold weather wimp so my kids would stay home.
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

l always drive mine to and from school. They stay home if the schools are closed
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

No, I find it kind of ridiculous that school was closed today and will be tomorrow too. I mean I can’t complain too much because my boss gives me paid snow days off too but still. The bus comes to everyone’s driveway. There is no bus stop. They’re not holding class outside, lol.
The heat works in the school. I’m like it’s cold, it’s Michigan, get over it. Oh and the roads aren’t icy. It hasn’t snowed or rained again since it’s been cleared. It’s just not as serious as people are making it out to be. Just watch, they’ll all cry their eyes out when extra days are added in the summer to make up for the days, lol. Guarantee it.
Victoriousmom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Yeah BULLSHIT
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Sassy762 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:11 pm l always drive mine to and from school. They stay home if the schools are closed
Where the hell have you been hiding?
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

School is closed tomorrow for ods because of the cold weather, I’m very happy about it. I don’t even want to take the dog out lol.
🤓The Admin 🤓
wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

If it was that cold, I'd probably keep them home. My husband is from the north, is used to the cold, and there are times even he draws the line at something.
Locked Previous topicNext topic