SO kid and sports

Anonymous 1

Unread post

My SO's son plays sports. He does bowling, soccer, and basketball.

The issue is it is cutting into my SO's time with him.

The CO says he gets Sat at 9 am til Sunday at 1pm.

His bowling starts at 10 am on Sat and basically goes all year long. Basketball games start anywhere from 1pm to 5pm on both Sat and/or Sun in winter. Soccer games are Sats at 1030 in spring and fall .
He also has practice 2 nights a week.

We asked bm about stopping the sports and she said she won't do that to DS.

What should my SO do? Btw SO's son is 9 and has been playing since he is 4
leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Take him to his games and practices. Not seeing what the issue is here.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

You can’t be serious with this shit.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

leadfoot40 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:31 pm Take him to his games and practices. Not seeing what the issue is here.
He practices are during the week. It's in the CO that she takes me to the games. The few times So had to he forgot or they were late
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:32 pm You can’t be serious with this sh*t.
Why not
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I’d request more than just the weekend then. I am so glad my kid is only in one sport, 1 day a week. Screw giving up weekends for that.
leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:35 pm
leadfoot40 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:31 pm Take him to his games and practices. Not seeing what the issue is here.
He practices are during the week. It's in the CO that she takes me to the games. The few times So had to he forgot or they were late
Then he needs to step up. I mean this isn't exactly rocket science.
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:35 pm
So he didn't take his kidIs extra curriculars seriously and is now bitching about it. He fucked up.Its his problem
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:35 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:32 pm You can’t be serious with this sh*t.
Why not
Because he fucked up and this is the consequences of him F***ing up. Attend the games and spend time with him afterwards
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Why should the son stop his sports that he enjoys just because his parents are divorced? The divorce and CO aren't the son's problems. It's your SO and his ex's problem. That's what happens when you get divorced.

Kids do activities away from their parents. This happens whether the parents are married or not, living together or not. Tell your SO to suck it up and deal with it.
Locked Previous topicNext topic