How hard do you try?

Anonymous 3

Unread post

Did you ever see the movie Nightmare on Elm Street with Freddy Krueger? If so, remember when the main character got a big chunk of grey streak in her hair? It was from stress from Freddy. Lol! But that's what my streak reminds me of except my streak is in the back of my hair which I am glad but I still have to color it every so often.
famousglm714 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:17 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:18 pm I have a grey streak since HS too! When I was 17 it appeared. I asked my dr about it when I was at an appt for something else. He asked me some questions and then told me it was stress. I wanted to run away from home because of what was going on, so I agree that it was stress. Why did yours appear.do you know?
famousglm714 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:43 pm I have used creams and lotions and potions since high school, lol. Sunscreen is essential imo. That and drinking lots of water. I don’t really work out much anymore. I could be a little smaller but I’m not altogether grotesque.

I don’t dye my hair anymore. It’s too long and would take ages. Plus it’s black and people say it’s a shame to ruin it with dye. I have a gray streak I’ve had since high school, lol. It doesn’t bother me.
Oh wow! I never asked about it but it might have been because of stress or just hereditary. My uncle has black hair with gray streaks too, lol. My dad was sick and dying when I was in high school so that may have caused it through stress. I'm really not sure.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

nada
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Meh! I don't try that hard. I don't look like I'm 42, or so I've been told. I will still get carded sometimes when buying alcohol. I've had strands of glitter in my hair since 37/38. I don't do much makeup anymore, like I used to. Just some primer, bb cream, mascara, and highlighter.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I do nothing. I'm 45 but look 35ish.

I don't even wear makeup.

It is what it is. I've never gone to great lengths to appear more attractive than I naturally am.
bmw29
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I wash my face at night if I remember and I color my hair once a year when I get bored but other than that I don't really do anything special. I really just don't give a shit.
Verrine
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I have used eye cream nightly since I was in my late teens. I wish I had used sunscreen daily! (Tip for you young'uns) I'm turning 50 soon and going to get facial resurfacing for the age spots. I've also got the bonus combination of wrinkles and acne.

My hair has some gray. It catches the light and doesn't register as gray yet. It's easily covered.

I've given up contacts entirely and mostly stopped wearing makeup.

I'm not letting my body go! I exercise daily.
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I use a moisturizer on my face, but really that's it. I get my hair cut every few months, just to keep from looking shabby. I've had people tell me I don't look like I'm even 25, but I just turned 37.

Coloring your hair will cause damage after time. My grandma did it for years, and now her hair is really thin, and brittle.

Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I use good daily moisturizers, half decent make-up and I do dye my hair to take out the grey. Age is something we need to work with and not against.
Sportsmom
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I color my hair, get my nails done because I like to, I dress how I like not how others feel I should, I spend a lot on jeans because certain brands fit me the best, I work out because I have epilepsy staying fit helps keeps me well.
Living my perfect life 💕
Deleted User 670

Unread post

The older I get, the fewer fucks I give about all that shit. I haven't worn makeup in years. I wear jeans and plain shirts every day with my cross-trainer sneakers. As long as my teeth are brushed and my hair is brushed I consider myself ready for the public. I'm currently growing out my hair from being all layered and just below my ears. The shortest layer is now just about to my collarbone so my hair is at that 'awkward' stage. I usually just wear an elastic headband or put it in a ponytail if it's hot. I'm not trying to win any beauty pageants.
Locked Previous topicNext topic