Night Terrors... :(

agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

For the past few nights, my son has been waking up. He's not screaming when he wakes up, but he's crying. He isn't hungry, doesn't want anything other than to be held and rocked back to sleep. I get up with him, rock him for a few minutes, and he's out again. Then a few hours later, he's awake and crying once again. He's not teething, but even when he is, he has never done this before. He's not in any pain that I know of, because he falls asleep while I'm rocking him. He also doesn't want daddy, he just wants me. Right now he is sound asleep, but I'm waiting for him to wake up again.

I know there is nothing I can do to prevent them, but I just feel so bad for the little guy. Normally he sleeps through the night, and it's rare that he wakes up like this.

No real point to this post, other than to talk about something. It's 5:47am here, and I'm waiting for him to wake up again.

How is everyone else doing?

Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Unless there's other information, that doesn't sound like night terrors to me. Just sounds like a typical toddler whose used to being rocked to sleep. I would just work on some self soothing methods.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

When my DD has night terrors, she is unable to be soothed, she just screams & cries for minutes to hours, while the rest of us suffer in sleepless agony.

Good luck, I hope this phase passes quickly.
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

How old is your sweet boy?
I'm sorry, this is going on with him. I am glad though that he is finding the soothing comfort and security in your arms and falls back asleep quickly.
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:37 am Unless there's other information, that doesn't sound like night terrors to me. Just sounds like a typical toddler whose used to being rocked to sleep. I would just work on some self soothing methods.
Good point. He might be in a sleeping pattern.
bmw29
Regent
Regent

Unread post

That doesn't sound like a night terror at all. It's possible that it's a regular nightmare but night terrors are a whole different beast.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

agander2017 wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:48 am For the past few nights, my son has been waking up. He's not screaming when he wakes up, but he's crying. He isn't hungry, doesn't want anything other than to be held and rocked back to sleep. I get up with him, rock him for a few minutes, and he's out again. Then a few hours later, he's awake and crying once again. He's not teething, but even when he is, he has never done this before. He's not in any pain that I know of, because he falls asleep while I'm rocking him. He also doesn't want daddy, he just wants me. Right now he is sound asleep, but I'm waiting for him to wake up again.

I know there is nothing I can do to prevent them, but I just feel so bad for the little guy. Normally he sleeps through the night, and it's rare that he wakes up like this.

No real point to this post, other than to talk about something. It's 5:47am here, and I'm waiting for him to wake up again.

How is everyone else doing?
As others have said that is not night terrors at all. That just sounds like he wants his mom and it is a phase.
Rosehawk
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

This doesn't sound anything like night terrors to me. Usually the child is inconsolable.
I used to be a people person
Then people ruined it
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

When a child has night terrors they are usually inconsolable. This sounds like a baby who wants his mom.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

He's probably having a vivid or bad dream. Night terrors are more intense. In night terrors a child cries inconsolably and you cannot wake the child up. It's heartwrenching to watch your child in the throes of a night terror because nothing you do will wake the child up. And when the child wakes up she doesn't remember the dream.
Locked Previous topicNext topic