Walmart grocery pickup, question and and a rant

yoho
Commoner
Commoner

Most I wait is maybe 10 min, if they are helping someone else. If not, it's within 3 min. But we also were one of the testing sites I believe, so ours has been live for a year or more.

I've asked about their process. They have bins for dry/can goods, another for fridge, another for freezer. When you call them that you are on your way, they gather everything and keep it in the fridge section, then when you say you are there, they bring it out. I think we have 3 runners for the cars. I can't keep track of how many shoppers we have, I feel like if I go in the store, there is one in every isle.
madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Sam's club has pick up. You pick the time you are going to pick up and go in for 5 minutes in customer service while they. Ring your cart up and you're done. Easy peasy.
i want candy!
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Shaken1976 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:06 am
Midnight_Storm wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:06 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:48 am

They sent me an email asking to rate the service and I told them the wait time was too long. I got a canned response that they were sorry and a $10 off code.
Hopefully they take that feedback and improve. On a side note, I really really dislike those email templates companies use. They are so generic and don’t really address anything. I’ve had to use them in the past for jobs and always added to them to address more specific because I wasn’t going to send it as is when I know I hate receiving them, lol.
We went to a Paula Deen restaurant and had a terrible experience. My daughter sent an email about how awful it was. They were out of certain food, never refilled our drinks, brought us wrong food, and more. She got a response saying they were glad she enjoyed her meal.

My sister works at Paula Deen's. Hope she wasnt your waitress! She says everything is covered in butter and she cant eat their food.

Obviously the people responding to the emails are about as quality as their service was, from the sound of it. :(
KaiandKadensMama
Duchess
Duchess

I typically wait 5 to 10 minutes max. They have several employees delivering to cars here.
Shaken1976
Regent
Regent

Smarties wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:41 pm
Shaken1976 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:06 am
Midnight_Storm wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:06 am

Hopefully they take that feedback and improve. On a side note, I really really dislike those email templates companies use. They are so generic and don’t really address anything. I’ve had to use them in the past for jobs and always added to them to address more specific because I wasn’t going to send it as is when I know I hate receiving them, lol.
We went to a Paula Deen restaurant and had a terrible experience. My daughter sent an email about how awful it was. They were out of certain food, never refilled our drinks, brought us wrong food, and more. She got a response saying they were glad she enjoyed her meal.

My sister works at Paula Deen's. Hope she wasnt your waitress! She says everything is covered in butter and she cant eat their food.

Obviously the people responding to the emails are about as quality as their service was, from the sound of it. :(
We had an older guy. Which PD does she work at?
https://www.vettix.org/ref/230481

If you or your spouse is a Vet, check out this link. They offer really cheap tickets to local events and concerts. I have done a lot of cool stuff through them.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

I do Hannaford to go and I am usually paid, loaded up and gone within 10mins at most 15.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Wal-Mart is a giant fail. I honestly don't know how these people are in business. Their grocery pick up is terrible. Waited the time, bring things out pulled wrong, bring things out missing. Then I have to drag my crippled ass into the store anyway just to find the things on the shelf that they claimed they couldn't find.

Order drapes on line that were supposed to be in stock for pick up. Not in stock. 4 emails about them being delayed. Waited nearly 2 weeks then get the email that they're ready. Not what I ordered. At all. They substituted the drapes anyway. Then after sitting for a half hour waiting, I have to get up and stand in line behind 5 people to get a refund of what I just picked up.

Make an order online for Christmas gifts yesterday. Apply for the card to put my purchases on. Won't go through. 5 times. Have to call. Then I have to call the bank that issues the card. Then I'm on hold. Then they push it through. That whole process took over an hour. Just to ring out with my online order.

None of them give a flying crap. They just look at you blankly. How they run their business is ridiculous. No aspect works right. At all. I'm in shock that they're not bankrupt. The prices aren't even low enough any longer to warrant tolerating sub par shit like this.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Our local Walmart doesn't do this yet. I'm not sure if I would use it at all. However, I did start a return the other day through the app to save time. They refunded the money to me, and told me to discard the item.

LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

I have had to wait for pick up before, not every time, but occasionally.

I use that time to multi-task, answering emails, or reading, so it still is a perk.
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

I would expect my order to be ready when I arrive.
Locked Previous topicNext topic