Does pumping get easier?

CherryTreez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

lilypadz are awesome. The are silicone and stick to your boobs. There are a few kinds with sticky parts to stick to a shirt or tank. Three of my four had lip ties and/ tongue ties. It got better right away from me when we had the ties fixed.

Good luck.
Verrine
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I found it to be relatively easy with an electric pump. Please don't give up. Breastmilk is something only you can give your child and it's better than safety gadgets or cute outfits or fancy toys. Plus, it's cheaper than that stuff.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I didn't start pumping right away so I can't speak for that. I always got their latch well established first and then started pumping after each feed. I know you can't do that in your situation, but just saying that's why I never had any discomfort with pumping.

As for breast pads, I used those self-sticking silicone breast pads. Since they self-stick, you can use them without a bra. I don't remember the brand I used and that was so long ago that I bet there are a ton of brands out there. Just start googling and you'll find something you can use.
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Not for me and that's why I quit after six months. Oh and apparently you need a special pump if you exclusively pump or it will dry up. Which I didn't know until it was too late. That was in 2011 so maybe I'm remembering wrong.
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It all gets easier but it takes a few weeks. Nursing is very uncomfortable OR at least it was for me for the first several weeks. Then it was no longer painful. The same is true for pumping. If you stick with it you will find your groove.
MomInNE
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

A manual pumped worked better for me but I was never able to respond well to pumps in general.
Locked Previous topicNext topic