Better than Nothing....or....Might as well not give anything?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I gave ds's teachers a $10 gift card and he wrote each a nice little note on a Christmas card.

My sister thinks giving a $10 gift card is like giving nothing at all. She says it should have been at least 20, or 25....or not give anything at all.

Ds has 5 teachers this year and I definitely wasn't spending $100 plus. He also just had a holiday class party where I volunteered and brought about $40 worth of food.

Was it really that bad to only give 10???
caustib
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Its a nice gesture. Doesn't matter the amount.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I think that was very kind of you! We didn't give that to my DD's 6 teachers. She asked them all what their favorite candy was and then we made candy sleigh things and put their fave candy on them. They turned out really cute. I thought about getting them more but DD said it was enough and I thought so too.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

That's what my kids give. $10 gift cards.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

$10 is fine...don't listen to your sister.
Anonymous 0

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:07 pm I think that was very kind of you! We didn't give that to my DD's 6 teachers. She asked them all what their favorite candy was and then we made candy sleigh things and put their fave candy on them. They turned out really cute. I thought about getting them more but DD said it was enough and I thought so too.
That sounds like a cutye idea. I like that you made it personal with their favorite candy. I usually try to personalize it , too...but to be honest, time kind of got away from me this year so gift cards were the easy way out.
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

that's fine.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

[quote=Mommy_jules post_id=258131 time=1545242989 user_id=448]
$10 is fine...don't listen to your sister.

She doesnt have any kids in school yet so I didn't take her expert opinion too serious lol
Allycally
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

Well Im giving $5 gift card to Sonic...Im super cheap.Its hard to get something for someone you dont really know
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Good enough imo. I do $25 for the teacher and $10 for the aides. When DS has more teachers I’ll probably decrease it, idk. It does get to be a little much with so many aides and bus people. I recently followed a post on FB for women in my city where they asked what teachers preferred as gifts. ALL of them said gift cards. They admitted food, bath products, lotions, and crafts usually go unused which I figured as my aunt was a teacher and I got most of those trinkets from her when I was a kid, lol.
Locked Previous topicNext topic