Well I’m a bit puzzled. Did I just commit a faux pas?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Local farmers market posted on Facebook that there will be tamales and that they sell out rather quickly so it wouldn’t be a bad idea to get there early.

So I asked how much a dozen tamales were.

The company never responded and I got several rude comments from people who said that if I had to ask then I couldn’t afford them.

Over tamales!!!

Is it really wrong to ask for a price for an item?
libbylu
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:01 pm Local farmers market posted on Facebook that there will be tamales and that they sell out rather quickly so it wouldn’t be a bad idea to get there early.

So I asked how much a dozen tamales were.

The company never responded and I got several rude comments from people who said that if I had to ask then I couldn’t afford them.

Over tamales!!!

Is it really wrong to ask for a price for an item?
No it’s not! They’re nuts!
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Weird.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

I'd ask the same thing. I have no clue how much homemade tamales cost. And I am pretty damn sure that If I can plunk down $300-$400 on a grocery trip, I can afford homemade tamales. I still want to know how much they are before I buy.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:12 pm I'd ask the same thing. I have no clue how much homemade tamales cost. And I am pretty damn sure that If I can plunk down $300-$400 on a grocery trip, I can afford homemade tamales. I still want to know how much they are before I buy.
Normally tamales are 10-15 a dozen. So I’m puzzled why they think I can’t afford it.

The whole thing is just weird and still the company never responded and told me the price. I even checked their Facebook page and their website hoping for a price and can’t find one.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:14 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:12 pm I'd ask the same thing. I have no clue how much homemade tamales cost. And I am pretty damn sure that If I can plunk down $300-$400 on a grocery trip, I can afford homemade tamales. I still want to know how much they are before I buy.
Normally tamales are 10-15 a dozen. So I’m puzzled why they think I can’t afford it.

The whole thing is just weird and still the company never responded and told me the price. I even checked their Facebook page and their website hoping for a price and can’t find one.
Yeah, that's weird.
Oliviasmom72
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Not rude at all. Everyone I know that sells tamales post their price per dozen.
bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

That’s so weird. A lot of people here post tamales for sale on Facebook and they always list the price. Are people just supposed to throw money at them and see if it’s enough?
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
Deleted User 638

Unread post

I would never do business with any one who failed to post prices. It would make me suspicious.
Shaken1976
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I paid like $8/dozen yesterday for some amazing ones.
https://www.vettix.org/ref/230481

If you or your spouse is a Vet, check out this link. They offer really cheap tickets to local events and concerts. I have done a lot of cool stuff through them.
Locked Previous topicNext topic