Welfare

RedBottoms

Anonymous 7 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:49 am It’s a microscopic number. Mostly, women just give up because BFing is hard, and use formula. It shouldn’t be an option if you can’t buy it yourself.
RedBottoms wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:10 am
Anonymous 7 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:16 am Breastfeeding is free.

not everyone can breastfeed. Some women's milk never comes in due to hormone issues or some babies have medical issues were they can't suck hard enough to nurse etc
It happened to me. Carters is having issues right now due to her son being born with a lip tie. Its not some magically small number. It can happen for a lot of reasons. A lot of preemies are too weak to suck hard enough so that automatically makes a lot of preemies either have to drink pumped milk or formula.
RedBottoms

Anonymous 7 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:49 am It’s a microscopic number. Mostly, women just give up because BFing is hard, and use formula. It shouldn’t be an option if you can’t buy it yourself.
Anonymous 7 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:16 am Breastfeeding is free.

not everyone can breastfeed. Some women's milk never comes in due to hormone issues or some babies have medical issues were they can't suck hard enough to nurse etc
It happened to me. Carters is having issues right now due to her son being born with a lip tie. Its not some magically small number. It can happen for a lot of reasons. A lot of preemies are too weak to suck hard enough so that automatically makes a lot of preemies either have to drink pumped milk or formula.
Anonymous 7

Pumped milk is still breastmilk, and free.

Almost every woman can BF. Many just choose not to.
RedBottoms wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:55 am

RedBottoms

Anonymous 7 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:58 am Pumped milk is still breastmilk, and free.

https://groundedparents.com/2015/08/07/ ... statistic/

this has some great stats and info about this
Anonymous 7

Yeah, Steph’s blog isn’t the best source.

Fact: the vast majority of women can BF, but many -choose- not to.
RedBottoms wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:04 am
Anonymous 7 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:58 am Pumped milk is still breastmilk, and free.

Allycally
Viscountess
Viscountess

MrsDavidB wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:32 am Increasing benefits each time a woman decides to have another child. Their poor choices should not be rewarded with more money.
The benefits are for the child not the mother. All US citizens and some aliens that are within program income limits qualify for benefits because of their citizen status.That being said it bothers me that people who are not here legally or even people here on visas get max benefits for their US born children because only a portion of their income counts with towards the child's budget
Anonymous 7

And that’s stupid. My child doesn’t get a paycheck just for being born and neither should anyone else’s.
Allycally wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:30 am
MrsDavidB wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:32 am Increasing benefits each time a woman decides to have another child. Their poor choices should not be rewarded with more money.
The benefits are for the child not the mother. All US citizens and some aliens that are within program income limits qualify for benefits because of their citizen status.That being said it bothers me that people who are not here legally or even people here on visas get max benefits for their US born children because only a portion of their income counts with towards the child's budget
RedBottoms

Anonymous 7 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:14 am Yeah, Steph’s blog isn’t the best source.

can and should are different. If she is on antidepressants-she maybe CAN breastfeed but she SHOULDN'T be breastfeeding for example.
CherryTreez
Regent
Regent

lip ties are an easy fix. I dealt with it with three babies. We need easier access to lactation consultants and not the ones that think breast is the only way to go until the are 2 kind.
More women could breastfeed if giving the right kind of help. Not all can, but most could with help.
Anonymous 7

Infant exposure of antidepressants through breast milk is generally low to very low.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3267169/

Also, many of the women on antidepressants can safely reduce or stop temporarily while BFing.
RedBottoms wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:34 am
Anonymous 7 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:14 am Yeah, Steph’s blog isn’t the best source.

can and should are different. If she is on antidepressants-she maybe CAN breastfeed but she SHOULDN'T be breastfeeding for example.
Locked Previous topicNext topic