Reward people who use the system

RedBottoms

Unread post

However, OP, while I respect your son for going to school and trying to better himself-he really had no business having 2 kids before he already had an education and was doing well financially. That was not even a one time mistake-he make that mistake twice. So he is not innocent in this either.
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:26 am However, OP, while I respect your son for going to school and trying to better himself-he really had no business having 2 kids before he already had an education and was doing well financially. That was not even a one time mistake-he make that mistake twice. So he is not innocent in this either.
You never know. It could be you one day.
Yes, we all know your dh makes enough money so you can sah and tell stories on the internet.

But if he got sick and could not work and you couldn't make enough and all your savings is going to outrageous medical cost while keeping your home and paying bills.

You might find yourself applying for benefits.
I shit glitter
RedBottoms

Unread post

WickedPissah wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:40 am
RedBottoms wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:26 am However, OP, while I respect your son for going to school and trying to better himself-he really had no business having 2 kids before he already had an education and was doing well financially. That was not even a one time mistake-he make that mistake twice. So he is not innocent in this either.
Yes, we all know your dh makes enough money so you can sah and tell stories on the internet.

But if he got sick and could not work and you couldn't make enough and all your savings is going to outrageous medical cost while keeping your home and paying bills.

Sweetie-I have an education I got BEFORE having kids. So at the very least I am practicing what I preach. You are supposed to go to trade school or college BEFORE having kids. Which I did.
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:42 am

Sweetie-I have an education I got BEFORE having kids. So at the very least I am practicing what I preach. You are supposed to go to trade school or college BEFORE having kids. Which I did.
That's nice.
Except you have never had to be responsible to be solely taking care of your kids. So let us know the job you get that will allow you to take time off to take your dh to his appointments, when he is sick and get your kids to all their activities.
I shit glitter
RedBottoms

Unread post

WickedPissah wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:56 am

That's nice.
Except you have never had to be responsible to be solely taking care of your kids. So let us know the job you get that will allow you to take time off to take your dh to his appointments, when he is sick and get your kids to all their activities.
That is when you call in favors and get help from family and friends for one thing. I would be having people help with the carting kids around to activities for dang sure. If it got bad enough they would have to quit the activities. My mom would probably be up here all the time helping and I would make MIL help since its HER son that is sick/dying. And while we had the help from our village-I would find a job with my degree and make do with that. DH also would still have health insurance and stuff through FMLA I would imagine.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

What does that have to do with welfare and not being educated before having kids?

That's nice.
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:24 am

That's nice.
That is when you call in favors and get help from family and friends for one thing. I would be having people help with the carting kids around to activities for dang sure. If it got bad enough they would have to quit the activities. My mom would probably be up here all the time helping and I would make MIL help since its HER son that is sick/dying. And while we had the help from our village-I would find a job with my degree and make do with that. DH also would still have health insurance and stuff through FMLA I would imagine.
FMLA is for 12 weeks. Hopefully, your job has a good insurance plan.
Btw i had chemo with a lady that was homeless. The cancer center was able to get her a voucher for a hotel. She lost her job and went right through her savings trying to stay afloat eventually her home was foreclosed.

Many people are forced to stop treatment because they can no longer afford it.

2 years ago i donated some of my ostomy supplies to a family that was paying a $475 copay every two weeks for her dh chemo.

Don't bark if you can't bite.
I shit glitter
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:51 am What does that have to do with welfare and not being educated before having kids?

That's nice.
Life happens that's all I'm saying.
I shit glitter
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Exactly, which is why it’s incredibly irresponsible to have kids without being well prepared.
WickedPissah wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:55 am
Anonymous 6 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:51 am What does that have to do with welfare and not being educated before having kids?
That's nice.
Life happens that's all I'm saying.
RedBottoms

Unread post

WickedPissah wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:54 am
RedBottoms wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:24 am
That's nice.
FMLA is for 12 weeks. Hopefully, your job has a good insurance plan.
Btw i had chemo with a lady that was homeless. The cancer center was able to get her a voucher for a hotel. She lost her job and went right through her savings trying to stay afloat eventually her home was foreclosed.

Many people are forced to stop treatment because they can no longer afford it.

2 years ago i donated some of my ostomy supplies to a family that was paying a $475 copay every two weeks for her dh chemo.

Don't bark if you can't bite.
you can't CHOOSE to get cancer. You can CHOOSE to have kids. There in lies the difference hun. I would never have kids if I did not have health insurance, savings, an education, a reliable good spouse, a place to live, transportation, and a steady income.

OP's son choose to have not even 1 but 2 kids without all that. It was not good decision making any way you slice it.

I however applaud him for working hard and getting an education and trying to dig himself out of that mistake.

'But your side track argument really has nothing to do with this.
Locked Previous topicNext topic