Trump voters are being called on to crowdfund border wall: ‘It could be a people’s wall’

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Billie.jeens wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:52 am Typically, that is who pays for everything.

CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:31 am If corporations wanted a wall, there would be a wall. Let "white, wealthy Christians" pay for it, lol.
How much of your wealth did you contribute?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
libbylu
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Woohoo!
😂
TheQueenOfEverything wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:19 am great! only $999,715,402 left to go! But wait, didn’t trump want $5 billion? So that’s $4,999,715,402... still, y’all are 0.006% of the way there!
Lexy wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:03 pm
Lexy wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:16 pm Just went up to $181,285

https://www.gofundme.com/TheTrumpWall
Screenshot_2018-12-18 Click here to support We The People Will Fund The Wall organized by Brian Kolfage.png
libbylu
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I agree!👏
NotACatfish wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:14 am This is the only way the damn wall should happen. Only the morons that want to pay for that embarrassment should have to.
sockpuppet
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

Trump said Mexico would pay for the wall
Not the US government
Mexico
Billie.jeens wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:35 pm Trump voters are being called on to crowdfund border wall: ‘It could be a people’s wall’
December 17, 2018 | Tom Tillison |

While it’s not a trend you’d want Congress to get comfortable with, New York Post columnist Michael Goodwin offered an alternative to the US government funding a wall along the southern border: crowdfund the wall.

Appearing on “Fox & Friends,” Goodwin was asked by co-host Brian Kilmeade during a discussion on President Donald Trump’s willingness to shut down the government if he does not get border wall funding if there was a “private way” to get the wall built.

“There is,” replied Goodwin, who insisted the public supports strong border security. “You can create a GoFundMe operation. Others suggest other ways, there’s an existing effort called FundTheWall.com run by a sheriffs association that’s raised some money, but nowhere near what is needed.”

He then suggested that the president’s supporters could get it done.

“According to my mail, a lot of people are willing to chip in,” Goodwin said. “One reader writes to me and says if the 63 million people who voted for Donald Trump each contributed $80, that would get you near the $5 billion mark.”

HERE’S WHAT YOU’RE MISSING …

Many Americans would gladly surrender $80 if they could be assured it would result in an effective border wall — Goodwin was adamant that “that’s the kind of thing that needs to happen.”

“It could be a people’s wall,” he told Kilmeade.

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2018/12/17 ... term=EMAIL
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I will say that Candidate Trump should have severely dumbed down the explanation of how that would happen - so that people such as yourself would not keep repeating that comment out of context, while comporting themselves as it they have cured cancer.

sockpuppet wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:44 am Trump said Mexico would pay for the wall
Not the US government
Mexico
Billie.jeens wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:35 pm Trump voters are being called on to crowdfund border wall: ‘It could be a people’s wall’

While it’s not a trend you’d want Congress to get comfortable with, New York Post columnist Michael Goodwin offered an alternative to the US government funding a wall along the southern border: crowdfund the wall.

Appearing on “Fox & Friends,” Goodwin was asked by co-host Brian Kilmeade during a discussion on President Donald Trump’s willingness to shut down the government if he does not get border wall funding if there was a “private way” to get the wall built.

“There is,” replied Goodwin, who insisted the public supports strong border security. “You can create a GoFundMe operation. Others suggest other ways, there’s an existing effort called FundTheWall.com run by a sheriffs association that’s raised some money, but nowhere near what is needed.”

“According to my mail, a lot of people are willing to chip in,” Goodwin said. “One reader writes to me and says if the 63 million people who voted for Donald Trump each contributed $80, that would get you near the $5 billion mark.”

Many Americans would gladly surrender $80 if they could be assured it would result in an effective border wall — Goodwin was adamant that “that’s the kind of thing that needs to happen.”

“Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn’t know because they might reflect badly on Democrats."
sockpuppet
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

Oh so this is one of those times when he didn’t mean what he said
How convenient for him
He said Mexico would pay for it
I expect him to keep his campaign promise
Billie.jeens wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:48 am I will say that Candidate Trump should have severely dumbed down the explanation of how that would happen - so that people such as yourself would not keep repeating that comment out of context, while comporting themselves as it they have cured cancer.

sockpuppet wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:44 am Trump said Mexico would pay for the wall
Not the US government
Mexico

libbylu
Regent
Regent

Unread post

He was probably high on uppers and Diet Coke and thought his drone-like followers would believe him!
😉
Not the US government
Mexico

sockpuppet
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-mete ... co-pay-it/

"I would build a great wall, and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me, and I’ll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great great wall on our southern border and I’ll have Mexico pay for that wall."
Sources: Donald Trump
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Literally no one with an IQ over say - 1
thought that the US was going to send Mexico an invoice and Mexico would send a check.
sockpuppet wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:53 am Oh so this is one of those times when he didn’t mean what he said
How convenient for him
He said Mexico would pay for it
I expect him to keep his campaign promise
Billie.jeens wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:48 am I will say that Candidate Trump should have severely dumbed down the explanation of how that would happen - so that people such as yourself would not keep repeating that comment out of context, while comporting themselves as it they have cured cancer.

Not the US government
Mexico
“Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn’t know because they might reflect badly on Democrats."
sockpuppet
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
.@AnnCoulter has been amazing. We will win and establish strong borders, we will build a WALL and Mexico will pay. We will be great again!
http://fortune.com/2018/12/13/trump-mexico-border-wall/
Locked Previous topicNext topic